BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default BoLS Sister / Necron rumors

[url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15657]>>BOLS Sisters/Necrons Rumor Page<<[/url]

Sisters soon and Necrons to follow....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

My naughty bits are getting all tingly!!!

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Yep, most of the reliable rumourmongers on Warseer say it is not going to be a WD release though, that seems to be something BoK came up with.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

thank god. I just wish that Stick Monkey could say something to give a little more clarity on the Sisters situation.

A WD release doesn't make much sense when plastic models are so clearly needed. The only way I can see a WD release is if all they are going to do is replace the old inquisition rules in line with the new GKs so that they are consistent for assassins, henchmen, hereticus inquisitors etc.

Chapter-Master

I seriously cannot see a WD release. The sisters have been neglected for years and GW have currently shown a real desire to go to town on similarly neglected races (DE anyone?). To go to the effort of releasing new models without a new codex would be nonsensical, and to just post an update in WD would equally be a waste of time when they could simply post an FAQ on the website. A WD release would basically be saying that they simply don't care about sisters and would effectively consign them to the Chaos Dwarfs shelf of the studio. And why would less popular races like GK and DE get the full treatment but not Sisters?

When it was leaked that the DH and WH codices would be put up on the website some people misinterprted it as meaning they would be given WD codices with pdfs going up later. This latest BoK WD codex thing is an evolution of that in my opinion. It didn't happen for GK I would be very surprised if it happened for SoB. Hell there were people who 'expected' GW to do it for DE, if they weren't squatted entirely. Remind me how that worked out? Oh right, a new book and one of the finest miniature ranges on the market.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

for the sisters this could be another BA pre release
    ie. re do a codex in white dwarf as a stop gap ommitting the shiny new toys (like storm raven and librarian dread) that will come with the proper release in 2012

not heard anything about new miniatures so they could be in final stages of production and not ready in time?

Stopgap measure makes no sense. GW don't have to release anything until they are good and ready, they have no deadline to meet. If this were not the case then we would have seen a DE stopgap measure around 2006/7 when the new range started being worked on.

SoB models seem to be nearing completion, ghost21 on Warseer has seen sprues. Other rumourmongers have said they will definitely be getting a book. Not to forget that a few years ago there was an interview with Jervis or someone where they said they would never be doing WD codices again as it caused all kinds of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_maggs View Post
    for the sisters this could be another BA pre release
    ie. re do a codex in white dwarf as a stop gap ommitting the shiny new toys (like storm raven and librarian dread) that will come with the proper release in 2012

not heard anything about new miniatures so they could be in final stages of production and not ready in time?
    Except that the BA 'Stop-gap' dex came out three years before the final product.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    Except that the BA 'Stop-gap' dex came out three years before the final product.
    And GW has said that it was an utter failure and they would never, ever do a PDF/White Dwarf codex release again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast