BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Mantic ARE doing Sci-Fi: Warpath

So, Mantic are moving into Sci-fi. Alpha testing of rules for those who have "Backstage Pass membership", from Beasts of War here. Mantic will send out information within their newsletter at some point, presumably Beta rules.

At least 8 races with a "we don't talk about the 8th race" thing going on, with miniatures on round bases. Unit by unit game, a-la Kings of War.

So, what do we think of this? I'll be very interested to see development on this thing, it certainly seems very interesting.

http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I'm intrigued, but not yet interested. They're going to have to show me more than they presently have in the fantasy lines (there's nothing wrong with the models, I just don't like the aesthetic--though I do have a pack of ghouls I like) to get me interested. I'm always up for new models!

I'll keep my eye out for the minis when they are released, however, I'm skeptical at this point. I really don't like any of the Kings of War models. Some are "okay" but most I find fairly uninspired or just plain hideous.

Still, you never know. They might push out some really interesting figures. We'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for us in the future.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

If their Space Elves are compatible with Eldar and look half decent (unlike their regular Elves) I will be pleased. But I'm going in with low expectations, I was too dissapointed by their KoW ranges (except undead).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I don't know, both their orcs and undead ranges are FAR superior to any undead or orc range that GW is currently doing. Their dwarves (both normal and abyssal) are also fairly neat, though I can't say I am happy with their elf range. Personally - as long as it's not a rehash of GW stuff, i am certainly interested.

Brother-Captain

THe one sketch of a Hummer-esque vehicle is very nice. similar to the GIJoe Hammer vehicle from the 90's. My FLGS carries everything from Mantic, so I'm definitely picking some up when it hits.

John M>

The undead certainly, but their Orcs look like shaved skaven.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    I don't know, both their orcs and undead ranges are FAR superior to any undead or orc range that GW is currently doing. Their dwarves (both normal and abyssal) are also fairly neat, though I can't say I am happy with their elf range. Personally - as long as it's not a rehash of GW stuff, i am certainly interested.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

We received a couple of the mantic orc sprues about two weeks ago. The two baby orcs on the sprue are great base fillers. I love the little bits they put on the various sprue. Can't wait to see what little stuff is on the sci-fi stuff.

Librarian

Heh. Squats in plastic? Oh, this'll get some people going.

Really, more than the miniatures, I'm curious about the rules. KoW has a nice, simple rules set, like Warhammer Fantasy if it were unmoored from the company-dictated compatibility with older products. If Warpath does the same thing, I can't imagine it'll be long before we see some 40K army lists for it. Might be fun to give 'em a shot.

I like the Space Dwarf Half-Track/Trike thing, with the armored turret. I also like the Half-Track Humvee sketch, with the Lighting cannon thing on top. Very interesting.

The Voltron Lion things look WAY to silly to me. I'm hoping thows are sketches they opted not to use. D=

But what it realy going to have to sell this line to me to want to put down money, is the infantry. If they can put out something I can use as gaurds men and not look like *** like most sci-fi troopers, I will be interested.

(Thier are some realy bad austetic design issues and troupes many sci-fi troop miniatures make, many seem to stem from the WORST design choices behind the GW IG plastics.

(Was a huge fan of the old metals, but the newer gaurd plastics all look terrible to me.)
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-05-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast