BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

Default The Nerdiest Conversation You've Ever Heard

I see conversations like this on the forum all the time about Warhammer and other things and hear them in game stores regularly as well. Look at the "Thor and WH40K" thread and you'll see a perfect example. Now's a chance for people who engage in that sort of thing to hear what they sound like to other people. It ain't pretty, but it is humorous.
    Eric Shanks secretly recorded his coworkers discussing Battlestar Galactica. Then he animated it.

I don't know what's geekier: arguing about the superpowers of science fiction characters or animating an argument about the superpowers of science fiction characters.
    Hear it at:
    [url]http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2011/05/17/the-nerdiest-conversation-youve-ever-heard/[/url]
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Captain

Actually, the nerdiest conversation I've ever heard was an argument between a Java programmer and a software engineer over whether or not Java was merely the illegitimate, red-headed step child of C/C++.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Arguing about atheism and Christianity hehe
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Yeah, but if you argue about those made up stories you get to be called a Theologian. We just get stuck with an unfortunate social label.
    Last edited by wittdooley; 05-19-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Clarification: I'm very Catholic, so it's okay to poke fun at myself :-)

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Arguing perceptions of truth, and the meaning of faith, as defined by books, be they the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance or the Origin of Species.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Librarian

Anything that ends up on FNIF tends to be pretty nerdy. And filled with vitriol.

Adeptus Custodes

Once at a college game club meeting "Vampires can't be Right Wing!!" I didn't hear the conversation properly but it was shouted across the room with such fervant belief, like she genuinly beleived they existed, and were followers of Marx or Engels to a creature.
    More Necromunda please.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    "Vampires can't be Right Wing!!" .
    That's about the funniest thing I've heard today,
    Did she mistakenly believe vampires sparkle?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    yeah, but if you argue about those made up stories you get to be called a theologian. We just get stuck with an unfortunate social label. :d
    lol!!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Anything that ends up on FNIF tends to be pretty nerdy. And filled with vitriol.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is FNIF?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast