BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

looks like that 2nd army is def out of the question for 5 more years. Where did the $20 box of 10 marines go? or the $80 battle force that came LOADED? or the $75 dollar starter box that came with the BFB?

I'm sure the new stuff will be awesome. by the time i have kids - i won't be able to afford anything like this for them. unless they change the game to warhammer one thousand. where your army consists of one mid sized titan that costs $1500. you may as well go do something outside. sad face. guess its time to go paint stuff i have so i can go broke on necrons.

Damn some of them are pricey, I'll be having one of those emperor's champions. My condolancies to the overseas fans - with the extra mark-up it's going to wreck their gaming budget.
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

P.S. Check the G.W. main site in the what's new "citadel finecast announced"
    PhillCo. Heavy Industries "Crushing the World one step at a time"

Librarian

I swear GW site keeps having problems as they post news but it takes a while before the article appears.

Librarian

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=16400050a[/url]

I see the title, but the article hasn't loaded yet... probably because GW servers aren't prepared to handle news of this magnitude.

Battle-Brother

They've just posted the headlines. There is no article yet.

Dang, now there is a article....
    But there is hardly any real information apart from the date..

Banned

It's up now:

Games Workshop's quest to create the best quality miniatures in the world is about to take a huge step forward...

On 28th May we are launching Citadel Finecast miniatures to the world.

Don't miss the full announcement on games-workshop.com on the 23rd May to find out more.

Be sure to be at your local Hobby Centre to experience this unique, once-in-a-lifetime launch day! This will be your first chance to see, touch and buy Citadel Finecast miniatures.

In the meantime, there's only one question you need to ask yourself:

"What will my first Citadel Finecast miniature be?"

TL;DR: We are announcing there will be an announcement! Blah, blah, blah...

Librarian

There is one thing that really stood out in that announcement and that was the suggestion the models are more detailed.

Veteran-Sergeant

NOOOOOOOO THOSE HEARTLESS *******S!!!!!!

how... could... they... do... this... this... CRIME!

Dont ever change "The Green Knight"! It is supposed to be a universal constant
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Reduce GWs costs, which were significant, they were nearly making a loss on some metals, at least according to others in the casting business who couldn't believe how cheap GWs metals were.
    See, this I don't believe. I mean, we've all heard it time and time again. Every time GW raises prices, official apologists come out wringing their hands, tears streaming down their face, claiming, "Oh, poor pitiful me, I can barely make a profit."

:|

Here is the problem. Looking at this black box, I can go to my local game store right now and buy a miniature from a different manufacturer of equal (or more often superior) quality to any comparable mini in the GW line, and it will be cheaper. Some of these people have been in business since well before Citadel miniatures came into being. If these people can stay profitable offering mini's at sometime half the price of GW, what's GW's problem?

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast