BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Citadel Fine Cast

A list of kits coming out in resin on the 28th of May:
    Starting from the 28th of May 120 products that were Games Workshop direct only items will be coming back on the shelves as resin or resin Hybrids. This new range “Citadel Fine Cast” range will be limited in number for the first few months, so we will be taking advance orders for them.

Here are the new recast products at the full RRP;

41-60 COMMANDER DANTE £10.50
    53-60 LOGAN GRIMNAR £14.50
    55-61 THE EMPERORS CHAMPION £9.50
    48-63 SPACE MARINE CHAPLAIN WITH JUMP PACK £10.50
    44-60 DARK ANGELS COMPANY MASTER £10.50
    48-61 SM LIBRARIAN IN TERMINATOR ARMOUR £14.50
    53-61 NJAL STORMCALLER £14.50
    41-61 ASTORATH THE GRIM £12.50
    43-60 ABADDON THE DESPOILER £14.50
    43-61 HURON BLACKHEART £10.50
    50-61 ORK WARBOSS WITH ATTACK SQUIG £14.50
    50-63 ORK BIG MEK £14.50
    50-65 ORK PAINBOY WITH GROT ORDERLY £10.50
    46-61 ELDAR AUTARCH WITH POWER WEAPON £10.50
    46-62 THE AVATAR OF KHAINE £22.50
    46-63 HARLEQUIN DEATH JESTER £10.50
    46-64 HARLEQUIN SHADOWSEER £10.50
    47-61 COMMISSAR YARRICK £10.50
    47-63 IMPERIAL GUARD LORD COMMISSAR £9.50
    51-61 TYRANID ZOANTHROPE £15.50
    51-63 TYRANID TYRANT GUARD £15.50
    51-64 TYRANID HIVE GUARD £15.50
    51-65 TYRANID BROODLORD £15.50
    57-61 BROTHER CAPTAIN STERN £14.50
    57-60 LORD KALDOR DRAIGO £14.50
    57-62 CASTELLAN CROWE £10.50
    57-63 INQUISITOR COTEAZ £10.50
    45-60 DARK ELDAR ARCHON £9.50
    45-64 LELITH HESPERAX £10.50
    45-63 URIEN RAKARTH £10.50
    45-61 DARK ELDAR SUCCUBUS £9.50
    56-60 TAU ETHEREAL WITH HONOUR BLADE £9.50
    83-62 CHAOS EXALTED HERO £9.50
    83-63 CHAOS KHORNE EXALTED HERO £10.50
    86-60 EMPIRE CAPTAIN WITH HAMMER & PISTOL £9.50
    92-60 WOOD ELF HIGHBORN WITH GREAT WEAPON £9.50
    84-60 DWARF LORD WITH HAMMER & SHIELD £9.50
    84-61 DWARF RUNELORD WITH GREAT WEAPON £9.50
    90-60 SKAVEN WARLORD £9.50
    90-61 QUEEK HEADTAKER £10.50
    90-62 DEATHMASTER SNIKCH £10.50
    91-61 VAMPIRE LORD £9.50
    89-60 GRIMGOR IRONHIDE £10.50
    89-62 BLACK ORC BIG BOSS £10.50
    87-60 CARADRYAN £10.50
    85-61 DARK ELF ASSASSIN WITH TWO HAND WEAPONS £9.50
    81-60 MALAGOR THE DARK OMEN £12.50
    10-61 URUK-HAI WITH CROSSBOWS £14.00
    10-62 URUK-HAI BERSERKERS £14.00
    08-61 GOTHMOG (PELENNOR) £20.50
    05-60 ELROND AND GIL-GALAD £15.00
    10-60 SARUMAN AND GRIMA £15.00
    02-60 GANDALF THE WHITE £20.50
    04-60 ARAGORN (THE BLACK GATE) £20.50
    04-62 THEODEN (HELM’S DEEP) £20.50
    04-61 BOROMIR (ITHILIEN) £20.50
    09-60 SULADAN THE SERPENT LORD £20.50
    08-62 THE DARK MARSHAL (RINGWRAITH) £20.50
    05-61 DAIN AND BALIN £15.00
    97-60 SKULLTAKER £14.50
    48-40 MARNEUS CALGAR AND HONOUR GUARD £36.00
    48-41 SPACE MARINE TECHMARINE WITH SERVITORS £25.50
    55-40 BLACK TEMPLARS SWORD BRETHREN SQUAD £25.50
    48-42 SPACE MARINE STERNGUARD VETERAN SQUAD £25.50
    48-43 SPACE MARINE VANGUARD VETERAN SQUAD £25.50
    53-40 CANIS WOLFBORN £30.00
    43-40 NURGLE DAEMON PRINCE £21.50
    43-41 CHAOS SPACE MARINE RAPTORS £25.50
    43-42 DEATH GUARD PLAGUE MARINES £25.50
    50-43 BOSS ZAGSTRUK £14.50
    50-40 GHAZGHKULL THRAKA £22.50
    50-41 ORK TANKBUSTAS £25.50
    50-42 ORK BIG MEK WITH SHOKK ATTACK GUN £23.00
    46-41 ELDAR RANGERS £20.50
    46-42 ELDAR DARK REAPERS £23.00
    46-44 ELDAR STRIKING SCORPIONS £23.00
    46-40 ELDAR FARSEER AND WARLOCKS £20.50
    51-42 TYRANID LICTOR £15.50
    51-40 TYRANID HIVE TYRANT £36.00
    51-41 TYRANID PYROVORE £21.50
    45-40 DARK ELDAR INCUBI £23.00
    45-41 DARK ELDAR MANDRAKES £20.50
    56-40 TAU SNIPER DRONE TEAM £23.00
    83-42 ARCHAON THE EVERCHOSEN £30.00
    83-43 CHAOS LORD ON DAEMONIC MOUNT £22.50
    83-41 CHAOS DRAGON OGRE SHAGGOTH £36.00
    86-41 LUDWIG SCHWARZHELM £22.50
    86-40 KURT HELBORG £22.50
    82-41 THE GREEN KNIGHT £22.50
    82-40 KING LOUEN LEONCOEUR £30.00
    92-42 WOOD ELVES TREE KIN £30.00
    92-40 ORION KING IN THE WOODS £22.50
    92-41 WOOD ELVES TREEMAN £36.00
    84-40 THOREK IRONBROW £36.00
    84-41 DWARF GYROCOPTER £23.00
    84-42 DWARF BOLT THROWER £23.00
    90-40 SKAVEN WARPLOCK JEZZAILS £30.00
    91-40 VAMPIRE COUNTS VARGHULF £21.50
    91-42 COUNT MANNFRED £22.50
    91-41 VAMPIRE COUNTS BLOOD KNIGHTS £61.50
    88-41 KROQ GAR £40.00
    89-44 GOBLIN SPEAR CHUKKA £18.50
    89-43 SAVAGE ORC GREAT SHAMAN ON WAR BOAR £15.50
    89-41 ORC WARBOSS ON WYVERN £40.00
    89-42 GOBLIN ROCK LOBBER £23.00
    89-45 GORBAD IRONCLAW £30.00
    89-40 AZHAG THE SLAUGHTERER £55.00
    85-41 DARK ELVES REAPER BOLT THROWER £18.50
    08-40 THE DARK LORD SAURON £25.50
    08-42 GULAHVAR THE TERROR OF ARNOR £30.00
    08-43 MORDOR TROLL CHIEFTAIN £25.50
    02-40 THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING £37.00
    97-42 FLAMERS OF TZEENTCH £15.50
    From [URL="http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/blog/?p=570&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dd1185cd45d3132%2C0"]here[/URL].

Price increases ranging from 30p to a few pounds in general, or 2.5-25%.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Seems to be just as expected really. Material change, price hike to go with it. Who wants to be our guinea pig and buy some to see how the resin quality is?

Brother-Sergeant

Queue price increase outrage.

At least this outrage will take everones mind of the other 3 threads worth of price outrage.

I wonder what the prices will be in Australia?

You have to feel GW have missed the chance to win back some goodwill.

Ah well, maybe next time...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

ANNND GW have probably just priced themselves out of Australia, I know that I was one of the last baring the "kiddies" who would by from the Sydney store, lets just say thats done now.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    ANNND GW have probably just priced themselves out of Australia, I know that I was one of the last baring the "kiddies" who would by from the Sydney store, lets just say thats done now.
    daboarder has it right. Resin miniatures, apart from the supposed health risks GW employees used to spout everytime I went into their shop in Macarthur NSW with a Forge World miniature I wanted to work on, have a reputation for being very brittle and having trouble with air bubbles and mould defects.

If they were supposed to reduce costs, as the resin was supposed to be cheaper than white metal as I was told in a GW store a month ago (did not buy any miniatures then either), then why the sudden change of tact by staff who now say it is because the quality is better and the resin cost more? An Abaddon in Metal at the local gaming shop costs $29.00. In Resin it costs $39.00 at both the local store and at GW shop. The Tyranid Hive Tyrant is £36.00 which is $96.00 in Australia. Working on the fact that the Vrock daemon from Ultraforge is 50% larger than the Tyranid Hive Tyrant, and cost $100.00. A GW model of similar size would roughly cost $150.00.

I have a picture of my recently painted Ultraforge miniature to show the quality of their product. I am not the best painter out there, but you can see the casting is as fine a detail at the new GW range.

[IMG][/IMG]

This took me about 8 hours to build and paint. The base was finished off after this photo was taken, and grass, and flowers were put on and the model spray varnished to protect it. All in all, I do not think GW could provide a better product for the same low price tag of AU$100.00. Certainly not at their current inflated prices.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 06-06-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

I had my first look today. I had a look at that axe wielding BA looney (sanguinor?) as people said the armour was 'crisp' on the msucles. It was admittedly. One of the 2 sprues in the shop, the hands had not materialised on the bottom of the axe.

The infamous Librarian seemed to have buckets of flash and little bits and bobs on it. The closest thing i can relate it to is my 10-year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier who seems to be getting allsorts of fleshy attachments in her old age (she smells like a nurgle spawn when she farts so it may be some bolt of change or other).

I liked the Abaddon although whilst yes the detail was clearER on the chains, other bits had far mor dangly add-ons and flash that would need to be trimmed.

Admittedley there seemed to be less moulding lines, but far more off shoots and danglies.

I concede there may be initial QC issues but they should have boxed them off before the release in my opinion. Rersin may be easier to clean than metal but if there is twice the cleaning to do its no benefit.

Jury still out with me.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Via Warseer, I've emboldened the more interesting statement (in my opinion):
    Hi All,
    So here is the update as promised.
    I met with the GW Australia General Manager and GW Australia Senior Regional Manager today. Both guys were generous with their time and generous in travelling out from Ingleburn to see me in Hornsby.
    At the outset of the meeting I was fairly certain that ultimately these guys were not directly responsible for the prices of GW products here in Australia and by the end of the meeting I was completely certain that this was the case. In reality it is GW UK headquarters that sets the prices for each country/region. They do this based on the numbers provided to them from the previous year. These numbers take into account wages, store rental (which seems to be a pretty big cost as long as GW stay in Westfield-esque shopping malls), cost of shipping etc.
    The yearly price increase of approx. 5% is based on the annual increase of rental/wages etc going up by 5%. Now I stated that I understand that prices need to go up sooner or later (I am not too sure too many of us wouldn’t have a wage increase each year?) but what my/our main issue is the price disparity between us and the UK & US. I used the example of Vampire Count Blood Knights costing $165AUD here in Oz and only costing $99USD in the US. Clearly the US would have the same costs of wages, store rental, shipping etc so why the price difference?
    This was the question that the guys really couldn’t answer and ultimately they can’t, as it is the UK people that set the price.
    They were however, completely aware of how we are currently feeling and aware of the “hard pill we have had to swallow” (their words) in what is an essential 45% increase in price with the switch off of Maelstrom/Wayland and the regular 5% annual increase. Which I thought was a nice way to sum up what has happened for us. We were able to get GW products at Maelstrom prices and now because we can’t them anymore and have to pay Australian/New Zealand prices we have had a 45% increase overnight.
    In light of what they were saying about the cost of running stores, I didn’t want to just come with complaints but suggestions for ways forward as well. One suggestion I did make was to have less stores, and bigger ones that are offsite from shopping malls. Essentially, stores with more floor space to play/paint etc. I believe that it is mainly hobbyists that grow the hobby and not foot traffic into a store and therefore I think that if they build it, we will come (and bring our mates with us!).
    They did also explain to me that the stores are mainly there to introduce people into the hobby and not necessarily providing as much for the established gamer. Hence, us being able to quite happy buy our products from Maelstrom etc as we are only needing minis at our stage and not advice on how to play/build/paint etc. However, they were also aware of the need to not ignore the established gaming community (particularly when I added the point of established gamers recruiting new gamers).
    My response to this was that most new gamers I know have come into the hobby through their friends (ie us!) and that if we are no longer in the hobby then their biggest recruitment stream will be gone.
    I was also able to gain some insights into the price increase for the Finecast range and it would seem clear that it has cost GW tens of millions of pounds to remake the moulds, develop the technology to mix resin and plastic etc. There is about 2000 employees at GW HQ, many of whom are involved in the production of miniatures.
    Despite the reasons they offered me (all of which were legitimate to a greater or lesser degree) I ultimately made the point that the hobby is becoming unaffordable for many of us here due to the current prices and that if something isn’t done one way or another, many of us will have to find something else to do with our time/money (even though many of us don’t want to find something else to do with our time/money!).
    One of the points that I made which did have some impact was the simple maths of 1200 people each spending $1000 somewhere else each year (I was conservative in my estimate) equals $1.2 million dollars. A significant amount of sales I am sure you will agree!

I might add that throughout the meeting they were both polite, courteous and helpful. They only offered reasons when it was appropriate and helpful to shed light on things and when they didn’t have a response to issues I raised because they were fair points or because they were unable to answer them, they diligently noted them down to pass them higher up the chain.
    All in all I felt I was able to represent our plight, be heard and appreciated and ensure that dialogue will continue into the future. The GM will be meeting with his boss from the UK in a couple of weeks and be talking a lot about our concerns and I look forward to hearing back from him about that meeting.
    I would also add that they have been reading our little group here on FB so I would ask people to keep that in mind and remember that they are people trying to do a job too. It was disappointing to hear about how some of the gaming community have treated GW staff these pasts couple of weeks and I would hope that this great bunch is above that kind of stuff.

I am sure I have forgotten some things we discussed and I am sure you have a bunch of questions out of what I have written. Please keep in mind that I have a family and fulltime job and am not chained to FB all day, so please be patient in waiting for a response etc.

In other news, I am not sure I am going to be able to meet with Mark Wells in July as the cost is prohibitively high for myself and my wife to get to the UK (about $2800 each just for the flight). Therefore I will have to meet with him in October when he comes out here for Games Day.
    Thanks everyone. Keep voicing your opinions in clear, objective and civilised ways and keep up the good fight!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I had my first look today. I had a look at that axe wielding BA looney (sanguinor?) as people said the armour was 'crisp' on the msucles. It was admittedly. One of the 2 sprues in the shop, the hands had not materialised on the bottom of the axe.

The infamous Librarian seemed to have buckets of flash and little bits and bobs on it. The closest thing i can relate it to is my 10-year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier who seems to be getting allsorts of fleshy attachments in her old age (she smells like a nurgle spawn when she farts so it may be some bolt of change or other).

I liked the Abaddon although whilst yes the detail was clearER on the chains, other bits had far mor dangly add-ons and flash that would need to be trimmed.

Admittedley there seemed to be less moulding lines, but far more off shoots and danglies.

I concede there may be initial QC issues but they should have boxed them off before the release in my opinion. Rersin may be easier to clean than metal but if there is twice the cleaning to do its no benefit.

Jury still out with me.
    From experience working with them, the "flash and little bits and bobs" are, or at least should be, a non issue. They're really easy to clean up (the flash, quite frankly, comes off with a fingernail). It's the miscasting that's more of the issue. Again, I've yet to have any that had any bubbling (a minor issue to me, apparently a huge issue to others) or miscasting, but I've seen plenty of the Librarian in particular that had problems.

Presumably this will take the place of the normal annual mid year price increase but there are some pretty hefty increases in there e.g. 26% for Tyranid Hive Guard and 28% for Urien Rakarth.

Chaplain

Mmm yaaay. Resin time. Well.. someone better get out there and buy something and tell us what happens. I wonder if the casts will be any good, or if we have to watch out for bubbling?
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast