BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Chapter-Master

Default Game of Thrones

So, is anyone else watching the HBO adaption of one of the best epic fantasy series ever? If you aren't, you should be. Reading the books first is not a requirement, though the books are, as I said, some of the best fantasy novels out today. So far the tv series has done an impressive job of following the plotline closely, while still adapting little things to work on the screen.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

SPOILER ALERT
    So far I've only seen the first 14 minutes (courtesy of IGN) I have to say I'm impressed. A considerate adaptation is a very rare (eg. Walking dead and pretty much everything else).
    Though an exceptional writer, Martin's habit of killing off major and indeed main characters could well throw off general viewers, I know people who loved the 1st book but were turned off when eddard lost his head. People new to the the song of ice and fire may love the show now but when characters they have vested in emotionally begin to die the ratings could slump -> lower budget -> commercially induced changes -> Suck fest.
    Hopefully they'll think the show is awesome enough that they'll stomach the often gruesome deaths of major characters (eg. Catelyn, Rob Stark etc) and continue.

Chaplain

Haven't read any of the books yet; only started watching it because the trailer made it look cool;
    Rating: LOVE IT
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Librarian

I really love it so far - gives me hope for an Honor Harrington HBO adaptation someday.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Chapter-Master

They did a brilliant job with the casting so far, especially Tyrion Lannister. If you even read that bio of the guy playing Tyrion, he sounds a bit like a real life version of the character (aside from the whole 'youngest son of the richest evil family of nobility' part).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I´m also watching it... And is amazing!!

Despite Catelyn seems a little older because of the actress...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

First-Captain

I haven't seen it yet, but have high hopes--it's one of the best fantasty series ever--even if it is a retelling of the War of the Roses... (And explains why you should never get attached to any one character.)

Librarian

Episode 9

oh well I had guessed it was coming but boy that was a shock!

this has got to be one of the greatest series i have watched in a long time.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Veteran-Sergeant

I haven't read the books, but I am going to now! I love this series, it is very brutal.
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Well, last night´s episode, the ninth for a total of 10, was AMAZING.

Only one remains, and if it keeps the excellent quality level the rest have had... No doubt it will be AWESOME
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast