BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default A question on hypothetical 40K relationships...

This is going to get me laughed at, I know it. But I have to ask...

Are the members of the Adepta Sororitas as sterile as their Space Marine counterparts? (and say this loosely BTW)

A friend of mine is starting up an army with mixed units, SoB, Inquisition, and select units from Imp Guard. Now, I enjoy the fluff and backstory that comes with 40K but when he asked me if the SoB's breed, I really didn't have an answer for him. I searched a few codices and researched on the Lexicanum, and still I have no idea.

Can anybody help me with this psuedo-bizarre yet perfectly acceptable question?

Librarian

They're not sterile, and they're not chaste.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

As far as I know, sister orders don't sterilize themselves as standard, but some might.

In one of the Cain books, Cain stumbles on (and keeps it secret) that an (abbotess I think?) is sleeping with someone and notes that celibacy is not required, but normally followed within the orders.

And apparently it was in the older source material that the White Scars actually could reproduce, but I don't know if that's still "canon".
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Connjurus View Post
    They're not sterile, and they're not chaste.
    Ah, I was wondering about that with all the augmentations that they do. Thanks. the only reason i even ask about it is because my friend likes to make up heavy backstory -- usually encompassing 1-3 pages for each unit! -- for his army. And he's got this idea about a recently-transferred Battle Sister and a Imp Guard Medic getting together.

Why he wants this to happen so bad, I have no idea. Could make for an interesting bit of Fanfic fluff... maybe.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    As far as I know, sister orders don't sterilize themselves as standard, but some might.

In one of the Cain books, Cain stumbles on (and keeps it secret) that an (abbotess I think?) is sleeping with someone and notes that celibacy is not required, but normally followed within the orders.

And apparently it was in the older source material that the White Scars actually could reproduce, but I don't know if that's still "canon".
    I would feel so bad for the poor woman that aroused a non-steril Space Marine. So very, very bad...

lol

Adeptus Custodes

The Space wolves also still have an eye for the ladies. Thats probably all they have for the ladies in fairness.
    More Necromunda please.

Librarian

Space Marines are sterile, not castrated. Just read the Space Wolves codex.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Where is the original source for space marines being sterile? lol