BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default orly?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Fall of Damnos was a great book..............til the last few chapters. Then it was downright awful.

not going to give out spoilers, but there is a thread about it somewhere around here where I gave my review.

"So-and-so is dead...."

Next chapter

"Well, it was really just a flesh wound...."
    I have a lot of trouble working the search feature for some reason. Do you have a hyperlink to the review? I'm curious as to what others have to say.

And to keep things on topic, what do you think of some of these rumors? Not sure what to think about plastic rod colors, unless one makes a consistent theme--I can't help but picture raving necrons. Although, that isn't a bad color scheme idea if you an put LED's and fluorescent paint on everything...

Ward...okay...great...because GK worked out so well....

Iron Father

maybe the different colour rods are going to be something you use to give their weapons upgrades, red = assault, orange =rending etc etc.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    No C'tan, that is a plus. Always seemed odd you had these gods who fed on stars floating around the battlefield doing not very much.
    Agreed. If they can be taken down by a unit of Eldar Rangers then one wonders how the hell they managed to stand up against the Old Ones/Slaan.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by shlaeNg View Post
    Ward...okay...great...because GK worked out so well....
    I hear Space Marines, Blood Angels, and Warhammer 40k 5th turned out pretty well.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    I hear Space Marines, Blood Angels, and Warhammer 40k 5th turned out pretty well.
    Yeah, seriously.

Also, Ward's job isn't to edit the codex, just to write it. Design-wise, GK got a great codex. But it's so sloppy it doesn't look like it was edited properly is the main problem.

People need to get over their Ward hate-ons. He writes really solid, balanced codices. And his fluff is not as bad as the collective whining of the internet would have you believe, either.

I for one look forward to the new 'cron codex, regardless of who's written it, really.

Well I have
    20 scarab bases
    30 warriors
    1 monolith

Alll painted up pretty like waiting for this dex.. they havent even seen the table yet as I am just prepping

You can't really break the Necron fluff, can you? sure, the GK fluff has a few problems, mostly because it goes overboard. But that kind of stuff would make sense on Necrons.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Yeah, seriously.

Also, Ward's job isn't to edit the codex, just to write it. Design-wise, GK got a great codex. But it's so sloppy it doesn't look like it was edited properly is the main problem.

People need to get over their Ward hate-ons. He writes really solid, balanced codices. And his fluff is not as bad as the collective whining of the internet would have you believe, either.

I for one look forward to the new 'cron codex, regardless of who's written it, really.
    Careful there. I've found this kind of crazy talk can get your darn-near tarred and feathered 'round these parts.

Chaplain

Don't forget the Holy Promethium wittdooley, can't have a real heretic burning without Promethium.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast