BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    The models look great and real, but I've suddenly had some doubt about the WD pages. Look at the boxes containing the relase dates. Now look at your curent copy of WD in the new releases section. Notice the difference? These pictures have no prices on them. I wonder why? Could it be that someone has got hold of photos of the models and mocked up the WD pages? The only other reason I can think of is an editorial change in WD, but why would you not display prices?
    it apparently is the north america edition and it does not have prices in the new releases pages
    Last edited by Verilance; 06-11-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Whats the deal with the Pubic Tuft on the chaos manticore beastie?

Librarian

Some very nice minis in there (though the Manticore looks...muppety), but I'm getting less excited for SoM overall. The Magic Phase doesn't need ridiculous boosts, and it seems kind of silly to have these Ultra-Powerful Magical Artifacts just sitting around the battlefield. This sort of stuff is the exact opposite of how the low-magic Warhammer World has always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The spell card box description says it includes more space for extra cards, so hopefully enough for your armies lores.
    Im worried the plastic box they come in will only be as robust as the clam packs that the 5 guy units of fine cast are shipped in. aka broken on first drop with a 52 card shuffle.

I do hope there are plenty of lovely lady sorceress / mages coming in the additional releases. Fingers crossed on your side saddle lady coming to market!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Some very nice minis in there (though the Manticore looks...muppety), but I'm getting less excited for SoM overall. The Magic Phase doesn't need ridiculous boosts, and it seems kind of silly to have these Ultra-Powerful Magical Artifacts just sitting around the battlefield. This sort of stuff is the exact opposite of how the low-magic Warhammer World has always worked.
    Welcome to the new Warhammer world. ^-^

Veteran-Sergeant

Soooo... I guess nobody else noticed the all-new blue demon dude in the mega-photo? xS

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    That Empire chick on the Dragon has me weak all over. Dammit. And the Landship was going to be my Games Day purchase this year.....
    *scours the thread* What Empire chick? What Dragon? Teeeeell meeeeeee! *jumps up and down* =P

Or did you mean the Dark Elf Witch Elf?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosmo75 View Post
    *scours the thread* What Empire chick? What Dragon? Teeeeell meeeeeee! *jumps up and down* =P

Or did you mean the Dark Elf Witch Elf?
    I'm not sure why it was brought up in this thread, but I'd assume it's referencing this thread - [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=15396"]here[/URL]

I'm not sure where anyone would think the Warhammer World was "Low Magic" in the sense of fluff. You are talking about a world with a giant rent in the fabric of reality at the polar areas, a world where daemons appear regularly, a world with several kingdom/empire spanning races created entirely from magic (Skaven, Tomb Kings), and a land of all the other usual items you find in a fantasy setting, mage towers, dragons, elves, faeries, undead, etc.

Thanks Eldargal for telling me to scroll over. Missed the better pic of the new Dark Elf Sorceress. I guess I was just enthralled with the eternity stairs.

I'm actually really excited about SoM. I'm eager to see what they do to make the game feel larger than life and more epic in nature. Obviously the magic is changing but I'd like to hear what else is changing.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

The Cockatrice is Finecast, the sorceress and others are plastic. Yes, plastic:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    it apparently is the north america edition and it does not have prices in the new releases pages
    Ah thanks for that.

I can't help but notice a distinct lack of Empire wizards amongst these pictures. Where are my wizards for life, shadow and beasts GW? I want them back!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast