BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newest on the Wolves?

So come on, the Wolves are back in October. They will be in the next WD to hit.

Most armies by now we know the whole book.

This one we seem to hardly know anything.

I mean sure, we have a few rumors here and there, by shouldnt it be hot and heavy by now?

It seems to be the new thing fro GW. They are trying to hold things closer to their collective chests and make a larger splash when they are announcing. I think it's a good idea. Hopefully there will be less people playing the new codexes before they are even released.

I disagree. I think that rumors help to generate interest in the newcoming products, and this "aura of silence" they've created is ridiculous.

Brother-Sergeant

I'd definately agree that rumours generate interest. Since the drop pod was released I had always wanted to do a SPace Wolve army butother projects ahve always prevented me from doing so. Depsite knowing that the book is coming out the fact that I have only seen two models from the upcoming range and dampened my interest. The fact that Im short on money atm also means it woudl be nice to know whether I shoudl start saving now

They need to find a balance. After all, GW and most players don't want the entire codex online a month in advance, but on the other hand knowledge of different units/characters abilities vastly increases interest in said units/characters and thus new releases (unless the units/characters are pathetic). The way the current rumors are for Space Wolves we don't know enough yet to be really interested in the new stuff (generally speaking).

well compared to the total spoiling of the ork and IG books I think the mystery behind the space wolves are a good thing.

I for one am looking forward to building a Space Wolves force. Nothing big maybe a 1000 points.

Scout

Default minis?

any word on the new minis? will they release a plastic hq box set?

Battle-Brother

I really hope Ragnar gets a new sculpt.

As far as rumors go, I am beginning to wonder about the all terminator force. Have you noticed that most of the artwork is based on terminators, even in the planetstrike book?

One thing we in the hobby tend to forget is GW needs to sell product on a monthly base as they are a business and have bills to pay.
    In the past with info comming out on releases there were a lot of gamers including myself that would hold out on purchasing because we new sothing cool was coming in 3 4 or 6 months.
    Sure this may generate interest in upcoming stuff but interest does not make money for GW sales do.
    So with this insight you can understand why the new policy is to keep the info bleed to a minimum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast