BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Squad Identification.

Problem - 32 Khorne Berzerkers.. How to mark each 8 man group?

Ive looked at marking the base or under the base and it doesn't quite appeal. Anyone got any snazy ideas on how to mark them on the model?

I was thinking perhaps some kind of icon or numeral on the chapter badge (they all have GW World Eater shoulder pads) maybe through the world in the middle? What marking would I use?

Battled finding anything on the intrawebz.

Thanks in advance.

B.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Bomma View Post
    Problem - 32 Khorne Berzerkers.. How to mark each 8 man group?

Ive looked at marking the base or under the base and it doesn't quite appeal. Anyone got any snazy ideas on how to mark them on the model?

I was thinking perhaps some kind of icon or numeral on the chapter badge (they all have GW World Eater shoulder pads) maybe through the world in the middle? What marking would I use?

Battled finding anything on the intrawebz.

Thanks in advance.

B.
    Just a couple of suggestions.
    1) You could paint the shoulder pad Icon a different colour for each squad.
    2) put the sqd No. on a knee pad.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Librarian

If you haven't finished painting them yet, just do them differently. The Blood God has several favourite colours.
    Have one unit in Bronze armour, another in Black, a third in Red, the last in old World Eaters colours (white and blue) splashed with blood.
    It also re-enforces how splintered the worshippers of the Blood God are, they have little orginization; each unit (or at best warband) thinks its own way is best.

Battle-Brother

Paint each squad consuming a different world

Meaning the world being eaten in the symbol
    In cog we trust

Librarian

how about a simple tally mark running down a leg, like scratch marks, or tiger stripes. different number of scratches for each squad. it would be subtle and easy to read
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

I usually model each squad slightly differently, one squad will be plain, one will have grenades one will have pistol holsters and so on.

Chaplain

well, you could paint the heads different colours. one squad bright red, next bronze, 3 = bone, & 4 = dark red. simple. effective.
    i actually have all my beserker squads w/ completely different colour schemes ( dark red, bright red, black legion, etc.)
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Chaplain

I would do different kneepads for each

Different colored eyes? subtle but effective.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

I know a guy with a similar problem...
    He's going down the different coloured eye route. I'd personally Try different coloured helmets or different shades of bronze. Or do one with bloody chainswords, clean chainswords and a final one with 2 sets of chainswords, bloody.

Once saw a guard army with desert camo all kaserkin army and teh only way you could tell the squads apart was from the numbers on the shoulderpads...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast