BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Kinda makes me glad I don't play competativly. They say you never hear the good stories, but I hear so many stories of negative things, that is must still be a fairly large portion. I used to play Magic The Gathering competativly.. man.. that was a fierce crowd. Warhammer games can get heated with beer and pretzel matches, I wonder what its like when the pressure of a trophy looms above you...
    I use to go around to the Rogue Trader Tournaments way back when GW was pushing those as the extra events beside all the GTs and I have to say that I have met some great gamers. I use to travel as far as Houston, San Antonio, Wichita Kansas, Kansas City, Dallas area and everywhere in between to play in these events and generally people were polite and proffesional. It tends to be the local game stores where people get an attitude.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsofDeath View Post
    I use to go around to the Rogue Trader Tournaments way back when GW was pushing those as the extra events beside all the GTs and I have to say that I have met some great gamers. I use to travel as far as Houston, San Antonio, Wichita Kansas, Kansas City, Dallas area and everywhere in between to play in these events and generally people were polite and proffesional. It tends to be the local game stores where people get an attitude.
    its tough up here in Canada, we don't host nearly as many tournaments as you yanks do, and what we do host is kinda half-baked. We've never had a grand tournament (at least, not one I've heard of). We used to have our own Games Day, but they've cancelled that and moved it to Chicago (citing "its central north america), great, its still a 10+ hour trip for me, instead of where they used to hold it in Toronto). Even 'Ard Boyz places are tricky to find up here.
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsofDeath View Post
    I played in my game store local monthly tourny yesterday and actually made it to the #1 table in the last round. There had not been any rules questions at all through out the day and the players were great, no complaining or negative attitudes. ( Setting the feel of the day)

The player across from me pretty much had the Blood Angels Razorback/Predator spam. So his army consisted of 9 tanks total. During his movement phase I noticed that he would move one tank then go ahead and try to move another and in the process would go back and move the previous one. Kinda like jockying them around like in a parking lot, making sure they had clear lines of fire and so forth. I have ran into this myself when playing alot of vehicules, there isnt enough room to move them around considering terrain, etc....

So I went back later and looked at the rules and on page 11, first paragraph it states "Once you have started moving a unit, you must finish its move before you start to move another unit. You may not go back and change the move already made by a previous unit"

I guess how petty about rules, and rules like this should a player be? I didnt get the win (placed 3rd), but I think that I really kinda let em slide a bit.
    Yeah right. I think it that for short, it is a touch move game. I hope someday you will win.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    its tough up here in Canada, we don't host nearly as many tournaments as you yanks do, and what we do host is kinda half-baked. We've never had a grand tournament (at least, not one I've heard of). We used to have our own Games Day, but they've cancelled that and moved it to Chicago (citing "its central north america), great, its still a 10+ hour trip for me, instead of where they used to hold it in Toronto). Even 'Ard Boyz places are tricky to find up here.
    yeah, but....

You guys have Miniwargaming!

There are only 2 things that really bother me in 40k. People that don't know the rules and people that don't know how to measure..

I remember at a FLGS playing a game where a guy refused to believe inv saves could be taken on dang terrain tests. Or how I played a necrons player who got utterly pissed when he had downed necrons fall back with the rest of the squad, then get up within 6" of my squad to prevent them from re-grouping, he literally said "this is coning from this supposed FAQ your talking about that I've never read" !! I was like come on man how is I my fault you don't know your amies rules.. You have an iPhone lol look it up now..

I'm a very very lax person with a lot in 40k, launch an assault, then realize you forgot to shoot one unit, no worries. Start to shoot and forget to move a squad, no worries. I'm very lax about it because normally were playing friendly and its all good. But I kinda have 0% tolerance for you not knowing the basic rules and your Amy rules. It's the first step to the game. And the movement thing I find is black and white, either players have problems with it forever or they don't. Our group is split 50/50 and I hate how I feel like a jek asking people, "was that 6"?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I came in 2nd in my LGS's last tournament because the TO decided that my Tau should play mechanized Space Wolves in a City Fight mission (some crap where troops claimed each ruin they entered, seriously unbalanced if playing against combat squadded marines) instead of a normal, random BRB mission. I know how it feels to be cheated out of a win.
    Umm... Space Wolves can't Combat Squad. If he did, then you REALLY got cheated out of a win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123