BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Grand Provost Marshal

Default Knight Warden - Household Lord

So, for the 3k Narrative at BoLSCon, for a few games I'd like to change it up and put in some of the more-obscure supre-heavies. Thus, I decided on a Knight Warden Household.

The Wardens were, IMHO, the worst of the Knight models. I felt they needed serious re-imagining. I decided to try to use all-GW bits to build them (quite a challenge) and to re-imagine it, with just a pinch of battle-tech and a dash of FW Warhound. A bit more ornate than the subsequent 2 will be, I present the mostly-finished Household Lord. It still needs heraldry, highlights, and touch-ups, but it's mostly done.

Note on Backstory: These Knights are from House Marius, painted as they were while attached to Legio Crucius' Demi-Legio during the Third War for Armageddon. They've been in the Ash-Wastes are while, and although I plan to add some more highlights and a bit of drybrushing, the grungy, acid-rain-induced look will stay.
    Note on Pictures: Physically, it's a lot less top-heavy than it seems in the pictures.

Feedback?
    Last edited by Faultie; 08-01-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Default Awesomage

That is exactly how I imagined the nights to be in the start of Mechanicus, a baby mars pattern warhound titan. I can't believe you did most of that with GW parts. Would it be possible for you to give out a parts list?

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by King Wibble View Post
    That is exactly how I imagined the nights to be in the start of Mechanicus, a baby mars pattern warhound titan. I can't believe you did most of that with GW parts. Would it be possible for you to give out a parts list?
    Thanks. I figured a bit of FW Warhound, a bit of Battletech Vulture/Mad Dog was a good combination.

To build one you will need:
    1 - Valkyrie (most of the kit)
    2 - Defiler claws (full set) +2 armor plates from the legs
    3 - 4x Razorback turret plates (the part that replaces the Rhino top-doors)
    4 - 2x Razorback twin-linked heavy bolter turrets
    5 - Powerplant and Multi-laser power-box from IG Sentinel
    6 - Plasticard, super-glue, green/grey stuff, cutter, snips, etc.
    7 - Dragon Forge Designs 120mm base (optional)

Brother-Sergeant

DUDE That looks awesome.

The only thing I would change is it's "hips". I would build the legs into the main chassis a little more.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Concentrate More View Post
    The only thing I would change is it's "hips". I would build the legs into the main chassis a little more.
    Thanks for the tip. I'd like to have figured out something better, but all the playing around I did produced this as the best compromise that didn't look wonky (and didn't require lots more plasticard work.) Maybe I'll figure out something better for the next 2.

Battle-Brother

It looks wicked, but as it has been mentioned, you could worked on the hips a little more. But it's a great concept, and I approve because I am a huge Mechwarrior fanboy. 40k + Mechwarrior = life complete.

Something like the Catapult:

[url]http://www.mektek.net/forums/gallery/1221018446/gallery_12132_9_286329.jpg[/url]

Because in-game it's armament is a Missile Launcher and a machine gun...
    Last edited by Erazoender; 07-31-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Evil Midnight Bomber

Wow. Just...wow.

I can definitely see the BattleTech/MechWarrior influence (that being the first "miniatures" game I ever played) and it looks fantastic.
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Looks excellent, a really impressive and original conversion!

That said it does look a little unbalanced in a way if you'll forgive the critism, I'm not quite sure how exactly but maybe if the hull was slightly lower with the legs slightly wider spaced and further back along the hull? Perhaps kinda below the area where the Valk's door vision slits are mounted?

Grand Provost Marshal

You guys have inspired me. I will definitely try to rework the legs a bit. Not sure how I'll do it, but there's got to be a way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast