BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chaplain

I've got a Rhino, from the 3rd ed Blood Angels days, that never, ever passed an overcharged engines test. It always, and I mean always, broke down right in the field of fire. There's only one time this ever worked to my advantage.

So here was the plan: Get my squad of marines, with Mephiston, riding in Ol' Lucky, driving into a unit of fire warriors, through a small gap between two big rocks, prompt a tank shock, mop them up afterwards.

Here's the execution: Drive towards the fire warriors, until the engine sputters and dies. Disembark the squad, huddled behind the Rhino. There is about a two-inch gap between the back of the immobilised Rhino and the rocks, through which the models could squeeze.

The fire warriors opened, well, fire, on the rhino. They are, for the most part, mere inches away from it.

It exploded.

All the fire warriors die.

So do some of my men, but that's life.
    Anti-FSM, Pro-MSoB and proud

One of my absolute favorites and also one of my first games was when an Apocalypse battle. My 1200 points of Black Templar were left behind to act as supreme commander (worth 2 kill points) and defend our Temple (which was their vital objective apparently, another 2 points) When infront of me started dropping down over 5000 points of chaos daemons.
    Alone against all of this I did the only thing a loyal servant of the Emperor could do. I charged. And the Emperor provided. I huge choke point where he got caught with one of his daemon princes. I slew 1 daemon prince and two greater daemons, and countless little creeps (didn't even know their names at that point) with Ordinary crusader squads and a chaplain. Time and again my chaplain made his invulnerable saves and refused to yield. The game ended. Our supreme commander unharmed and with His temple secured. Unfortunately my xeno "allies" had failed to achieve any major victory so it was considered to be a draw untill they we commenced orbital bombardment and declared the place Exterminatus.

I was honestly still a bit unsure if I should start playing before that game (getting flak from the girl) but after that I was hooked. Long live the Emperor!

Hmmm favourite moments, most of them involve my Praetorians dieing gloriously, and sometimes, just sometimes just scraping a victory out of it, even if just a moral one like a Company Commander cutting down an Ork Warboss before being swamped by the next wave of boyz.

But as a single moment, I did love it when using my Sisters in an Apoc game my Canoness which our opponents had kind of ignored as insignificant jumped a Warhound Titan (intact) and chopped it into little pieces with an Eviscerator.
    Curious Constructs - http://www.curiousconstructs.co.uk
    Kirton Games - http://www.kirtongames.com

Abbess Sanctorum

My Canoness recently lost her entire retinue in a battle against Space Marines. They had been unusually ineffectual due to bad attack rolls... then suddenly it was like she was on an unstoppable rampage, tearing Marines apart left and right. She fought Calgar to a standstill, only suffering a single wound while all three of her attacks hit and wounded him, and he failed his saves.

A pity that was the last turn.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Tatical squad missile launcher marine holdinp up aprox 800 points of tyranids on a hill by simply refusing to die.
    ( Also good dice rolls for me and bad rolls for my opponent helped. )
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456