BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by thatguyjames View Post
    As a black templar player many of my biggest 40k moments have come directly from the Emperor's champion himself.

In a doubles tournament he managed to kill Belial, a librarian, and an ultramarine captain. He also managed to consolidate out of combat far enough to charge into a fresh squad sitting on a vital objective, winning the game and the tournament.

A disastrous game against shooty guard swung heavily back in my favor when the champ charged a combined squad of 40 guardsmen, winning the combat without a single wound on him and running the remaining 37 men to the ground... by himself.

And perhaps in the luckiest game deciding quirk of fate ever, the champion had just finished off an ork mob and found himself alone in the middle of a sizable gap. It being the ork player's turn, his Mek decided to unleash some Shokk Attack on me, rolling snake eyes, and having the Mek and two whole squads of shoota boyz vanish from the table, leaving my champion unscathed and free to finish off the remaining boyz the next turn.
    I started playing 40k with Black Templars and my Emperor's Champion was always such a Bad *** most of my memorable moments involve him in some way.

my favorite moment was when he got stranded out in the open and charged by 3 or 4 Ravenors, i thought he was done for but no! they inflicted 0 wounds and every single one of my attacks hit and wounded and he ran the rest down.

Chaplain

I think my most glorious 40k moment in recent memory would be where my last Terminator (of a squad of six) went toe-to-toe with Belial, Master of the Deathwing.

Belial inflicted two wounds on my termie... and I rolled two sixes in a row for my Crux Terminatus save. The Terminator then promptly proceeded to punch Belial in the face, killing him.

I cheered, loudly, in the middle of a moderately-crowded gameshop

Scout

After Cities of Death came out I was playing against Necrons as DH with inducted Guard. He went first. The Destroyer Lord moved up behind cover and was out of LoS the first turn. In the following 5 turns I put the Lord down 5 times, but every time he got back up. The last time, the only thing I had left to shoot at him was my 3 surviving guardsmen. I only got one lasgun hit, but somehow that was enough. The game ended and he didn't get another WBB roll. I lost but figure I got a moral victory. And that one Guardsman got a medal.

Last week I played a game as SMs against Dark Eldar. By the bottom of turn 5 there was a single troop model alive on the entire board, a Multi-melta gunner from a half tactical squad. He was hiding inside a gunless Rhino that had just been immobilized by the DE, was about 6" from the nearest objective, and had a mostly unmolested HQ retinue between him and his destination. The HQ himself had just overdosed on his pills, rolling triple 1s. But his men were in the open and my Vindicators were both up and running. It was tight quarters, and there was really only a couple models I could validly place the large blast over without hitting my own vehicle. No guts no glory. The first shot scattered, the center moving over the edge of the Rhino, but still took a few of his DE out. The rhino exploded and killed even more. The sole marine was now in the front corner of the crater, praying lightning would only strike once. Still no clear path. The next Vindicator, and the last thing I'd get to shoot before the game might end, fired into the last Raider which was next to the whole mess and had DE sheltered up against it. A hit! It was wrecked and more of the DE evaporated, leaving only his two blasters. But they were spaced perhaps 4-5" apart, and neither of them were in contesting range of the objective. A quick run roll later, and I split the middle to be on the objective. We rolled for turn 6 but the game ended. A miraculous win, though he could have forced a tie if he hadn't been so worried about his blasters surviving.

Chaplain

Kroot: One Kroot out of 12 is in 23" and can draw a LoS to a couple of Thousand Sons. One hit, one wound, one failed save. On the other side of the table a lone wise one of the Kroot hides in a ruin while some TS-Terminators were advancing. He pulls the trigger and inflicted two wounds ... the dices for the armour roll came up with a double one
    Last edited by Archon; 09-01-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Scout

My favorite was when an ork bike squad charged my Scorpions squad. During the second round of CC, the ork nob and scorpion exarch killed each other simultaneously with their power claws.

I think the best story I can say is Abaddon taking his last wound from my demolisher blowing up in his face after he ripped its engine to shreds. That was great.

Also I love having my Guardsmen assaulted by Assault Marines and win.

This last weekend I had a horrible day though with 3 out of 4 of my tanks failing their difficult terrain tests and being immobilized right away! They were a Demolisher and two Bane Wolfs... I am working on putting together dozer blades today...
    Last edited by Balrog The Buff; 09-01-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Chaplain

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    What have been your favourite moments in your 40k career? Moments when due to luck or brilliant tactics you uttely annihilated your foe? (I know there is a similar topic for CC, this isn't intended to duplicate)

Here are a couple of mine:
    Two that I particularly remember are my remaining Penitant Engine (they dont seem to suvive long!) charging a squad of Nurgle Marines & wiping them out completely in just 2 rounds of HtH.
    Then a lone BT crusader taking out an Ork Trukk loaded with 20 Boyz with a single Lascannon Shot destroying the Trukk & virtually all the Boyz in the resultant Explosion. Much LoL from me!
    Last edited by imperialsavant; 09-01-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Scout

Default Hilarious 40k moment

Playing against a friend of mine, space marine vs space marine. I proceeded to blow up most of his vehicles in the first two turns, and all of his plasma weapons overheated anytime he shot them in the whole game.

Chapter-Master

My local group has been playing a four person campaign with some house rules that give your commander buffs based on how well they do in their games. I'm playing Grey Knights. My two commanders are Titus Grande and Titus Petite (don't ask). Both are mere Brother Captains, one with a psycannon and the other an Incinerator.
    I have only used Titus Petite for the last three or four games, but he has consistently gone on a blood soaked killing rampage. In one game, he killed several Striking Scorpions, a squad of 6 Howling Banshees, a small unit of Pathfinders, a squad of 5 Fire Dragons, and a Wraithlord. 400 something points, single handedly.
    In three of his other games, he killed between 250 to 400 points on his own (I usually run him with a GKT retinue, but because of our houserules, we roll our commanders attacks seperate in order to tally up how much they kill).

Shortly after I started playing 40k (in the last year or two of the 3.5 Chaos Dex), our store did a 4000 point per side battle. I had a decked out Khornate Biker Lord with a bodyguard of three bikers. Deployment resulted in the lord and bikes sitting across an empty field from about 1500 points of space marines and necrons. I turbo boosted forward, and the three bikers were shot down. The Lord then preceded to singlehandedly kill almost every single model of that 1500 points. He was shrugging off lascannon shots from predators left and right. He survived having only taken a single wound. I have yet to see or hear of any other single 40k model survive so much to this day. We named him Kard the Immortal.

Initiate

In an Apocalypse tournament Lysander took out a Macharius Vulcan that was tearing up my whole left flank. He broke off from his squad of Terminators who went off to deal with a Leman Russ lurking in a building.

When Lysander got to the tank it turned out my opponents had not moved it in the previous turn.

Lyle lets loose and sets off a chain reaction, which triggers an Apocalyptic Explosion which blast out 15". It literally clears out a huge area of the board.

Opposition tanks and troops are swept away in the conflagration. Buildings are shattered and destroyed.

Lysadner? He's fine. He goes on to destroy a Baneblade a turn later.

That one swipe of The Fist of Dorn ruined my opponents. They were fighting a retreat from that point on. But they had been too bold and were too close to escape. So many imperial guardsmen, which almost no tanks left to protect them.

They got savaged.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast