BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Great minis with terrible rules

Posessed Chaos Space Marines. Freaking awesome looks, but entirely too random and costly. Best just using the bits to customise your champions and such. At least its not a waste of a purchase.

Fly Lord

Default Great minis with terrible rules

You guys know what I'm talking about. Those terrible units with phenomenal models. Its perhaps the bitterest of fruit as you really want them in your army even though they are overrated, or overcosted.

Which is your favorite one?

I'll start off with the basic CSM Land Raider. I just love the model and love to have them on the field, but man are they trash compared to their Imperial variants.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Grey Knights. Love the minis and fluff, but they are just not worth there extremely expensive point cost.

Chaplain

Hands down, the best mini with the worst rules is the Penitent Engine.

Scout

Default Not the worst...

I always thought Ork Stormboyz would be better than they actually are. They're supposed to be the most disciplined and well-trained but it's not reflected in their stats. Plus, they're always dying when they roll a 6 for their rokkit-pack movement Such a shame, because the mini's are so cool!

Veteran-Sergeant

Deathstrike Missile, I'd love one, and probably will scratchbuild one at some point just for fun, but the rules, even after re-reading them and seeing that it does have a chance of firing in a standard game, you get one blast, a Manticore you can get up to 12 guaranteed ordnance blasts, not the possibility of a 6" blast that admittedly ignores cover, but 12 at the same strength, a minimum of 4, in my opinion the deathstrike takes the biscuit for Guard! And it isn't strictly valid as there isn't a mini for it as such, but still the rules part of it fits
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Chaplain

Unhappy

Have to agree with the posts on Grey Knights & Penitent Engines.
    I have 2 squads of GKs & 1 Squad GK Termies with a Brother Captain & havent used them since the Global Campaign just after DHs were released.Their points cost is way over the top especially since they grant the Daemons the "without number" rule!
    Also have 3 Pen/ Engines & gave up on them due to the squadron rule, their inability to be controled & points cost.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Brother-Captain

Scourges. Like the models, like the fluff, and the idea melds perfectly with a dark eldar army.

In practise? Well, putting all your heavy weapons in a very small, very expensive squad that has toughness 3, fits under a small blast template and has only 1 spare wound tends to end badly...

Where do I start:

almost everything in the witchhunters codex but sisters ?

Sisters repentia
    acro flagelants
    Pentinent engines as mentioned before
    retinuies for the inquisitors for the most parts, crusaders and sages and familars come to mind.

Damm I painted mine and I am using them as objective markers they are that awesome.

I disagree with the comment about stormboyz and the deathstrike, tey are both fine to say the least.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bartschy View Post
    Where do I start:

almost everything in the witchhunters codex but sisters ?

Sisters repentia
    acro flagelants
    Pentinent engines as mentioned before
    retinuies for the inquisitors for the most parts, crusaders and sages and familars come to mind.

Damm I painted mine and I am using them as objective markers they are that awesome.

I disagree with the comment about stormboyz and the deathstrike, tey are both fine to say the least.
    I agree with the WH comments, save the Retinue one... I find that the Retinue can be wonderfully useful, in the right circumstances. The Chirugeon allowing the Inq. to shrug off wounds, or pawning wounds off on the Acolytes. Basically, each member of the retinue brings something to the table in the form of keeping the Inq. alive, that I think they are great additions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast