BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default The Least Costly 1000pt Army

Levitus started an interesting thread about building the most costly army; but what about the reverse.

Are Marines (and the wonderful Black Reach box) the cheapest way to go?
    What if you don't want Marines; what's the next cheapest army?

Seems you might be able to pack a 'Fex heavy 'Nid list full of upgrades and have an army in under $200.

The ebay army... the cheapest way to go sometimes.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Im doing a death wing army out of my boxs of space hulk. $240 for over 1k points of termies

Veteran-Sergeant

2x Ravenwing BF's at about 180$ retail gets you about 1000pts, right? (actually a little over if milked)

not my Idea, I think ****'s...(well, can't type it...so someone elses' online)

well the amrines out of 2 baclreach boxes amke 1080 points with a little upgrades.

Don't think you can go much cheaper.

Veteran-Sergeant

B:
    I am assuming you're talking about SM in blackreach?
    regardless, yeah ya got the cheaper one there! crap, missed it...

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    The ebay army... the cheapest way to go sometimes.
    Ohhhh yes! As Ive said on another thread, Ive assembled a 1500+pt Space Marine army, some Black reach, some not with 4 metal character figures for just under £50!

I have to say though that at the time the black reach stuff was going really cheap, but recently I have noticed the prices have risen significantly.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

If we put aside figure sources and other tricks like that and concentrate on the least number of plastic figures for 1000pts then I think a Plague Marine force is hard to beat. Ordinary plastic marines, a strip of greenstuff and you can do 1000 pts with just 25 figures, without significant upgrades.

Brother-Sergeant

Buy 3 boxes of necron warriors and the nightbringer. Thats about 1000 pts+ 9 scarabs and only cost like 70£

Brother-Sergeant

The answer has to be Ork AND Space Marines. With a couple of Assault on Black Reach boxes, you have the beginnings of, not one, but TWO armies. I pretty sure you could do two 1000 pt lists for less than $200 USD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast