BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Welcome back Meph! Loving the camo Scouts, might have to borrow that idea for when I do the unit of sniper Scouts for my army.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Very cool looking characters! Never played WFRPG but had some mates that enjoyed it. If I remember correctly it's quite easy to find yourself dead in a game. The scouts look great finished up too. Really like the camo scheme with just the shoulder heraldry.
    Warhammer Fantasy is a cool RPG, very grimdark, insidious, and very deadly if you don't watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I may have to copy your scheme for my scouts, I always thought ti was strange to have scouts in "battle dress".
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Welcome back Meph! Loving the camo Scouts, might have to borrow that idea for when I do the unit of sniper Scouts for my army.
    Thanks, guys. Don't hold back now!

In the meantime I've been slowly painting along. No pics yet, but the Vanguard Squad's reds are almost done and then they're ready for the tedious treatment, the blacking out of the details. Not looking forward to that bit...
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chaplain

It's been great catching up on your plog - I've missed loads.

Loving the camo on the BA Land raider - looks really cool and reminds me of the orignal Rogue Trader Blood Angels.

I also love the Scion heads on your scouts. I might "borrow" that idea for some Drop Vets.

And looking forward to seeing your Vanguard Vets, lovely models, I've been putting off painting mine so will look at yours instead.

Brother-Captain

Alrighty, it's been a few weeks since the last update but there's a good reason for that.
    The last few weeks I've had wood, lots of it, and it needed a lot of attention, sometimes with power tools.

Badum-tsh!

A small renovation project to replace my old computer desk (my rickety old drawing desk re-purposed many a year ago), and the current TV cupboard by bespoke, self-made PC desk/TV cupboard combo. The main tablets are 60mm MDF (that's 2.36 inches for you colonials) with wood veneer with some thinner 24mm (0.944") shelves for the digital apparati and external HDD's. Sturdy enough for a twerking elephant, and theft-proof unless you have a couple of Scottish strongmen handy to move it.

Anywho, that is just my excuse for not painting in a while and I should have it in place this weekend. As the DIY work started winding down, I picked up a brush again and slowly blacked out the details of the Vanguard Squad I've been working on.
    With that tedious bit behind me, the fun stuff lies ahead again, the detailing, weathering, and finishing. Time to crack open the pot of home-mixed gold again! Yay!

Oh, and I also started to arrange/assemble the Sanguinary priest again, and today I've bought a librarian in terminator armour, just because I felt the need to drill out his face and replace it by a helmet. Damn straight, no helmet-less war hippies in my army!

Chaplain

Meph, nice work so far.

Brother-Captain

Cheers, mate! I'm hoping to get something done over the weekend.

Brother-Captain

I managed to slap on some paint. The bronze/gold base colour has been applied, and so has the Vallejo Smokey ink.
    Next up, I'll drybrush the golds and then move on to the rest of the secondary colours.

Brother-Captain

Secondary colours on. They are ready for assembly & oil paints.
    If all goes well, I might be able to finish them by this week's end.

Brother-Captain

Vanguard Squad finished. They came our rather nice, evenifIdosaysomyself. Whaddayathink?

Next up, I borrowed a large tripod for the camera and I have some old unused A1 drawing paper. Time to take some full army shots!

Brother-Captain

Ohh very nice indeed. And yay for full army shots, looking forward to seeing those!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast