BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

I always love seeing camo troops

Awesome paint job
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Like the paint scheme, not sure about the heads or not. Maybe they'll grow on me.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Welcome back good to see some more of you painting. I love you style, but i kainda hate you I have started my own Blood angels army partly becorse of your sons of sanguinius but it's a but depressing to see your work, I'll have a long way to get anywhere near your standard of painting.

Ment as a compliment, you are a great inspiration.
    Last edited by Mads Hedensted; 09-01-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Right, sorry for the lack of responses. Around December i kinda fell off the edge of the Earth there for a while but I clawed myself back.
    Some much-needed vacation time offered the opportunity to pick up a brush again after 8 months of not painting anything.
    Welcome back to the land of the painting! Health issues have kept me from doing much this year but after seeing this update I'm feeling the urge to get back at it. I love the camo schemes and the natural colours on the scouts is ace! Are those vallejo colours on them?
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I always love seeing camo troops
    Awesome paint job
    And I must say, it was a nice change from painting red as well. Although I did an AT-ST as well, for Imperial Assault. So camo on the scouts and grey on the chuickenwalker, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Like the paint scheme, not sure about the heads or not. Maybe they'll grow on me.
    Let's hope not, or the Inquisition will come after you!

*Badum-tsh!*

Quote Originally Posted by Mads Hedensted View Post
    Welcome back good to see some more of you painting. I love you style, but i kainda hate you I have started my own Blood angels army partly becorse of your sons of sanguinius but it's a but depressing to see your work, I'll have a long way to get anywhere near your standard of painting.
    Ment as a compliment, you are a great inspiration.
    I feel humbled by the praise, mate! But don't feel daunted. Drybrushing and washes, that's what it is, really. For the rest it's just a matter of taking care not to rush things. Y'know, 3-5 drybrushed highlights instead of one sloppy one, same with weathering, also a limited colour palette helps to keep a unified look. And for the rest, experimenting. I mean, originally I wanted to keep the cloth areas black but I didn't like my drybrushed highlight on there at all, so I decided to cover it using a dark red glaze, liked it, gave it a second one, and voilą! Suddenly we had a dark red burgundy. Patience and persistence are the main ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Welcome back to the land of the painting! Health issues have kept me from doing much this year but after seeing this update I'm feeling the urge to get back at it. I love the camo schemes and the natural colours on the scouts is ace! Are those vallejo colours on them?
    Have at it, man! Even if it's just a drybrush or assembly of something. For me it has been 8 months as well. I'll make you feel beter for sure.

Well, that main colour on the scouts is a home brewn mix of some colours, both GW's and Vallejo's. It's actually pretty damn close to 'Death World Forest', if you would add some neutral grey to it. My mix is basically, some muted green, some warmer greens, some pale browns, toned down with a neutral grey, and then thinned with demineralized water, some thinner, and some Klear. It's the same colour I use for the rest of the marines' robes.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Let's hope not, or the Inquisition will come after you!

*Badum-tsh!*

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

rofl, indeed I did not expect thąt.

Brother-Captain

W00h00! They're done & based. The photos are not 100% but pretty close to what they look IRL. I mainly use natural light, augmented with a daylight LED lamp, but the weather outside is a bit dodgy, cloudy, not cloudy, cloudy so it was a bit of a hassle to set the camera just right. The little coat of gloss varnish on the lenses also makes them look a bit darker than they really are.

And I was also a bit sidetracked by this. A two-day quickie painting session to paint up the RPG crew of my mates & me. Warhammer Fantasy RPG, 2nd edition (the last of the WHFRP %-game systems).
    Our GM also keeps a blog with out sessions & characters. Feel free too have a looksee on [URL="http://whfrp.weebly.com/"]http://whfrp.weebly.com/[/URL]

From left to right:
    -Abelhelm Reichert; Gambler turned Highwayman
    -Mandred Vogel; Celestial Wizard
    -Lothar El-Kaloffi; Protagonist turned Racketeer-merchant
    -Otfried Osten; Priest of SIgmar
    -Gotrak Mittnachson; Pitfighter turned on the path of Giant Slayer after losing a Book of Grudges.
    -Felix Vogel; bonepicker turned Cat Burglar

P.S.: I do hate painting flesh & faces. Long live helmeted Mahweens!

Chapter-Master

Very cool looking characters! Never played WFRPG but had some mates that enjoyed it. If I remember correctly it's quite easy to find yourself dead in a game. The scouts look great finished up too. Really like the camo scheme with just the shoulder heraldry.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Occuli Imperator

I may have to copy your scheme for my scouts, I always thought ti was strange to have scouts in "battle dress".
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast