BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Default Will they ever make models of the Primarchs?

Heck, I wouldn't even mind if they restricted it to Primarks that are currently running around the 40k universe, even if they are all bad (I'm not counting the "missing" primarchs such as Vulcan).

GW needs to make these models ASAP. I mean, who wouldn't want a nice deamon-possessed Fulgrim model? Or an Angron model to match the White Dwarf article's stats? It's a license to print money, I tell you.

I hope so, I remember the Angron (I think?) model from the epic range so there is a kind of precedent for primarch models. Not sure I'd want to fight my brothers Space Wolves backed by Leman 'Ima big boy' Russ himself though.

They made a Leman Russ model years ago.
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredpraetorian View Post
    They made a Leman Russ model years ago.
    Are you sure? I know a Russian company made some (without calling them that) but I'm sure I my brothers or I would have noticed an official GW primarch.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, there was a Leman Russ model yay-many years ago, came with Geri and Freki. I am HIGHLY doubtful they'll release Primarch models, and if they were released, I'd see it as a Forge World project. I'd love to see IA:10 or something be Pre-Heresy...

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    Yeah, there was a Leman Russ model yay-many years ago, came with Geri and Freki. I am HIGHLY doubtful they'll release Primarch models, and if they were released, I'd see it as a Forge World project. I'd love to see IA:10 or something be Pre-Heresy...
    Actually I might know the one you are referring too, really old RT period labelled 'Space Wolf Command/Leman Russ' or something like that? I think we have that one.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's unfortunately a rather underwhelming mini, at least as far as meeting one's expectations of what a Primarch would look like. It basically looks like any other Space Wolf - it's practically interchangeable with any of the other Space Wolf HQ choices which is rather unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected from such an old model.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I'd think it would be a FW model set if they did it, as well. However, there are some really nice primarch models floating around. I actually have the Leman Russ one, as well as the Sanguinius one. They're really sharp.

Yes, I just found my brothers (90 minutes of searching, yay insomnia) and to be honest I wonder if they had really fleshed out the primarch idea much when this mini was made, and if so, what were they thinking? Underwhelming to say the least, I think I would put more emphasis on the 'SW commander' part than the Leman Russ part.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    It's unfortunately a rather underwhelming mini, at least as far as meeting one's expectations of what a Primarch would look like. It basically looks like any other Space Wolf - it's practically interchangeable with any of the other Space Wolf HQ choices which is rather unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected from such an old model.

Veteran-Sergeant

if you need a model, could use the Inquistor range. They have a real nice SM capt. I used the guardsman models to make Orgyn. and they came out the right scale and look great.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast