BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Classic Battletech

So, do any of you BoLSers indulge in that other great Sci-Fi wargaming universe, Classic Battletech?

Personally, I dabble. It was the Mechwarrior click-game offshoot of CBT that got me into minature gaming in the first place, O in a lot of ways, I'm a Mech-jockey at heart, but with the immense cost of TROs and the all metal minis, I don't actually play the physical game that often. I do, however, dabble in megamek occasionally, and I'm madly in love with the CBT fiction universe the fact that the story is always moving forward is great, and as a poli-sci nut I'm always intrigued by all the different powers, so I occasionally dabble in writing some CBT fiction.

So, do you play CBT? How much?
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Scout

Played it for years still have a regiment of Mercs stashed away. It is a fun game and love the fluff. I have over 60 of the books and still will reread some of them when I get the urge. There are really not any other players up this way these days but when certain freinds breeze through we always break out a game.

Battle-Brother

Battletech was my 1st mini based wargame.

Used to run long campaigns at the FLGS, one session per month for 3 years. Was a FanPro commando for a few years too.

Have a little bit of a collection issue.

Those are 4 mechs deep. So each row is pretty much a lance.

Have not played in a couple years. Been too busy with RL stuff, and any free time has gone into painting my 40k Guard army.

Chaplain

Holy crap... that is quite possibly the most massive collection I've ever seen... That's got to be, what, two, three regiments, easy?

I've always wanted to run a long campaign like that, play out one of the major battles from the books... You know, Wolves taking Rasalhauge or Radtstadt, Battle of Luthien, Battles of Thakard and New Avalon from the Civil War, one of the battles of New Avalon or battle for Solaris in the Jihad, that sort of thing, but never had even vaguely enough players at one time for that.

Battletech. Love it. When i was but a wee lad and went to my first wargames club in Scotland, that was the first game I was invited t play. and it was the bestest. To this day it remains one of my all time favorite games ever.

in the dark years, where wargaming faded away in my life, there was always the Mechwarrior games on my PC which I still play now. indeed, they announced a new game just the other month and I nearly cried with jollity.

Recently I got a hold of the new rule book and a stack of minis. Now all I have to do is find someone at the club I go to now in London, who wants to play with ER PPCs, Streak SRMS rather than Lascannons and missle launchers...

Battle-Brother

Thanks Pov! I think it is just over 200 mechs, I have about 50 tanks not shown.

I did up some battle reports of the two campaigns I was running.

1st was a Carver V campaign, FedCom civil war. Ripped right from the Mechcommander2 PC game.
    2nd was a Tukayyid campaign.

You can see the Battle reports over at...

[URL="http://www.greenhousegamesonline.com/"]http://www.greenhousegamesonline.com/[/URL]

just click on "Battle Reports" on the left hand menu.

I happen to have 5 'Mechs right in front of me now... undergoing the first stages of a unifying paint scheme for Clan Snow Raven.

I got into CBT (or just BT, lol) back in the early/mid 90's. A bud in the USAF introduced me to the game, my very first TTWG, and I was hooked. I have practically no experience, actually, but when I saw that a new hardcover rules set was released recently, I just had to nab it. There are about half a dozen locals with active interest in CBT and we played a 5-player grudge match this last Saturday. Four Clan 'Mechs vs nine IS 'Mechs. We were not too concerned about much other than having a blast blasting away at one another's towering monstrosities. And yeah, Clan tech is still 'that' good, lol. All four Clan 'Mechs were standing at the end. They were the only one's standing.

Oddly enough, we had more gamers participating in that one game than the total of gamers participating in the last local 40K tourney. Mark one for the old school.

Brother-Sergeant

My dad had a few of the old mini's and I played with them as action figures. Those and Mechwarrior 2 Mercs got me hooked ito gaming. Me and some guys up here are trying to start it, as well as Age of Destruction up here in the North DFW area, if anyone around here wants to play, send me a PM

speaking of Battle Tech

there is going to be a new mech warrior game

some excellent clips on youtube

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by raybans View Post
    speaking of Battle Tech

there is going to be a new mech warrior game

some excellent clips on youtube
    Yeah, I saw that. There's a lot of really good buzz on the CBT forums for it, and it certainly looks pretty. Unfortunately, I'm pretty darn sure my comp isn't NEAR good enough to play it...

Still, the actual game and the story is fun enough for me. I'm planning on buying a Word Of Blake Shadow Division Command II sometime soon, just for the fun of it. I'm thinking an Archangel, Highlander, Legacy, Mad Cat, Deva, and Crab. Now I just need to pick which division...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast