BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Arrow

Really like the Raider for your Grotesques and since your Scourge looks just like the one I am planning I like that one too!

Brother-Sergeant

Normally I am a pretty negative nancy about conversions and such, but I have to say these are pretty brilliant. Stealing your scourge idea so hard you don't even know.

Alternative shardnet

There was some discussion on the forums recently about wych weapons and multiple shardnets.

The box only comes with one but there are some good raider parts that will make a decent shardnet and impaler, specifically the small hooks on chains and the arm holding the lance on the female crew member.

Next: Almost finished painting my Cronos and converting my wrack raider, more pictures to follow later today

Cronos Parasite Engine

Very pleased with my final Cronos, what do you think?

Ha, I just made that exact same shardnet.

Talos came up nicely, super model, though perhaps the claws and whatnot are a little too clean? I don't imagine Haemonculi are particularly fussy about hygiene.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Still painting my raider but the fire prism I ordered came today and I couldn't wait

Void Raven Bomber

This isn't quite finished, but nearly.

It's made almost exclusively from the fire prism kit with a few spiky leftovers from the raider/reaver kit.

It's based on the razorwing design from page 1, showing a kinship between the two craft.

From a TLOS perspective it's pretty close to the ground, making it easier to hide. Compared to a valkyrie its tiny and so harder to hit.

Step 1:

Cut out the falcon wings and assemble the fire prism turret

Note: I've included the falcon engines in the first shot but they ended up being too big so I went with the fire prism engine inserts instead

Step 2:

Glue wings to turret, add engines and weapon coverings, plus door. There are still a few gaps so bit of gtreen stuff was needed here.

The bombs are made from the deathspinner guns and the void lances from the fire prism cannon chopped in half and some flying base tips (these should look better when painted I hope). The void mine is also made from the fire prism cannon.

Void Raven (continued)

I added some spikey bits to the wings and an upside down raider prow as the nose.

Surprisingly it actually balances on a regular flying base

Note: I've since corrected the wonky void lance in pic 3

NICE! I really really like your stuff! very inspiring your stuff, especially your flyers !

Go on and do more of such things! let the other petty races suffer! from AWESOME Models !

sláinte

I am very impressed with the direction you have gone with this army, kudos!

However, there is one thing (completely independent of your conversions or paint scheme) that it driving me crazy:

The runes that you have ringing the bases are tearing my eyes out of my head! Every time I try to admire the fantastic work you've put into your beautiful models, my gaze gets pulled back to the glaring and irrelevant white marks on the base. I understand that you may like the look of the runes themselves, but they take attention away from such gorgeous work!

Wrack Raider

Phew, that was a lot of painting when you factor in crew too.

Next: Work on my venom

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast