BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Another project finished 10 O'clock the night before the event

Am I correct in thinking you used the largest circular crater from the moonscape? I'm going to attempt a Tyranid Bastion and have the two double craters spare. With the smaller one the interior crater size is fractionally smaller than the surface area of the Imperial Bastion rooftop but if I use it the tower will have to be straight sided, not very niddy and I won't get to take advantage of the interior crater edges to show the xenos terrain thrusting through the ground.

The bigger double crater would allow me that scope to taper the tower and have it errupting but the base is massive and considerably larger footprint than a standard Bastion. I'm not that bothered for gaming purposes, don't imagine I'll use it much, occasionally at Throne of Skulls and I think it won't be problematic but even to me the base seems big. What's your opinion, or would you need to see pictures.

I think so yes, when gaming I used the purple area as the fortification base and not the crater parts.

Thats what I was going to suggest, if it came up. That the crater is essentially just decoration and that only the structure itself is the relevant bit. However, the small double crater has a roughly 20cm x 20cm base whereas the larger one is 30cm x 20cm. Given your propensity to make something cool ahead of practicalities [that's mean as a compliment ] would you go bigger? The central structure I've made so far will work in either, it's just what I then stick to it that will be dependent on the base.

This is the small crater with the yellow area being the rooftop, as you can see anything at the foot of the Bastion would sit outside the crater

Whereas the larger crater has much more room for the Bastion to grow [literally] in

Sorry, to hijack your thread.

Veteran-Sergeant

mind blowingly amazing! Has given a lot of inspiration for what can be done with different kits and will go back and look at my bits box in a whole new way!
    Trying to build a tau army
    How long will this take

I would use the big crater and just try to get the structure as close to the proper dimensions as possible.

fantastic thread, just got better the more i read it. great army, some really good conversions. my fav was the wrack raider.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920