BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Starting a new Dark Eldar army

Theme:

• Only the haemonculi constructs will be male, the rest will be all female converted using the new female torsos & heads, green stuff, plastic hair bits taken from other models and daemonette heads.
    • I like the way that the mandrakes are burning with some sort of creepy inner fire and am going to extend this to any haemonculi modified units and vehicles.
    • Along those lines, I've got a couple of the plague censer pieces from the screaming bell from bits sites that I am going to flip and use as power cores on the back of my raiders trailing green smoke/fire behind them.

Colours:

• Again, I am going to use the mandrake colours on the whole army with dark skin and armour and green fire where appropriate (weapons, joins in vehicle plating etc.
    • No metallics (except maybe the raider sails where I am going to paint them with a fly's eye cell effect). All weapons and armour to be made of wraithbone.
    • Dark Eldar runes painted on the bases of all models (time consuming but should look pretty good).

Some of my other conversion plans:

• Female mandrakes using daemonettes with new weapons shadows modelled up to their knees so it looks like they are emerging from the shadows.
    • Void raven bomber from the FW phoenix with replacement weapons and a valkyrie flying stand.
    • Scourges from the warriors with heavy weapons, green stuff helmet and sanguinary guard wings.

Grotesques:

My first models are my grotesques as these didn't require any of the new dark eldar bits to make. I used the Island of Blood rat ogre bodies, minus the tails and heads, and then added ghoul heads that are intentionaly too small so that the result looks misshapen. A little extra green stuff around the neck and I am quite pleased with the result. I think they look like the tank from left4dead. As usual, taking photos has helped spot a few places where more touch ups are needed.

They might also work as Archon guards or clawed fiend warp beasts as they are the right size.

Last edited by isotope99; 11-05-2010 at 04:03 AM.

First-Captain

Really good use of the rat ogres. Good stuff.

Chapter-Master

I thought the R Ogres would make a nice conversion base, and you've proved my point.

Lovely...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

These look pretty amazing!

Good work!

Mostly this week I have been accumulating conversion bits in preparation for the real models next month.

Wrack prototype

Plague monk body cut off just above the belt + ghoul torso head and arms + double edged weapon from DE corsair parts.

Razorwing WIP

Lots of eldar bits I either already had or bought from bits sites. Essentially its a blend of falcon wings, an eldar vyper and lots of heavy weapon parts I had already as leftovers.

Needs a bit more work but its coming along OK so far.

First-Captain

B R illiant!

I totally want a Stargate Dark Eldar flyer.
    Good work buddy.

Yeah, that Razorwing Jetfighter is just wow.