PDA

View Full Version : Tau Flechette Dischargers v. Vehicles

Lykum
09-05-2010, 07:46 AM
I can't figure out if flechette dischargers affect assaulting vehicles like Dreads (both Deff and Naught) and Kans.

P 30 C:Tau says "Any model attacking the vehicle in close combat will be wounded on a D6 roll of 4+ with saves allowed before resolving its attacks."

So I think that ANY MODEL encompasses vehicles. However a vehicle has no wound profile, so it can't be wounded.

The closest thing I can find that mentions anything even remotely close is the section for poisoned weapons in the BRB p42. My thinking is that poisoned weapons cause a wound on a specific roll number similar to the flechette dischargers. However, poisoned weapons, "...confer no bonus against vehicles".

Ultimately, I say they don't affect assaulting vehicles since they have no wound. Any other experiences?

Connjurus
09-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Vehicles do not have wounds. They cannot be wounded.

DrLove42
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd have to say no damage on the vehicle as well. From a rules point of view and from a fluff point of view (the flechettes being no capable of penetrating armour)

LadasN
09-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah gotta go with a no here too for the above reason but also because it says any model attacking in close combat; how can a vehicle attack in close combat?

Lykum
09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for clarification everyone.

Yeah gotta go with a no here too for the above reason but also because it says any model attacking in close combat; how can a vehicle attack in close combat?

Walkers are vehicles. Walkers can assault (p 73 BRB).

LadasN
09-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for clarification everyone.

Walkers are vehicles. Walkers can assault (p 73 BRB).

My bad, missed the part about specifically refering to walkers.