PDA

View Full Version : Khorne army...compeitive or for fun??

chaos.minion
09-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Got a tourney coming up and I've played my Black Legion enough to conquer the world over...twice. So I was thinking playing a Khorne army... Here's the army:

Lord w/ MoK, bloodfeeder x2 (love these guys)

'Zerkers x19 w/champ, powerfist
'Zerkers x20 w/champ, powerfist
'Zerkers x20 w/champ, powerfist

daemons x7 (not sold on them yet)
daemons x8 (nor these)

1850 pts, or about that.

So the question is . . . Would this be a competitive list or will I bring it just to have some fun?? Likely opponents will be Mobz of Orks, various SM's, Lash Chaos, and the Nobz from hell. Thoughts? Comments?

Dwarflord17404
09-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I like your idea of non-mech but with the walls of steel out there w/o fleet your not going to get there...

Might i suggest:

terminator lord seasoned to taste

terminator retinue mok
3 pwr wpn/ combi melta
1 champion twin l/c

summond greater deamon

2 defiler with 2 dccw

2 squads of 16 zerkers champ with pwr wpn and icon (hitting rear armour with st 5 on the charge)

1 unit of 8 zerkers icon

2 units of 8 lesser deamons

the idea is the2 big zerkers use the defiliers as shields get in range and then charge . small unit trails behind
Rest of the army comes in off the icon's or far recahing objective. Still different (5th dimension army) and very khorne or id you are radical experment with using blood angel rules using your khorne figures as assault marines:eek:

eagleboy7259
09-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Someone ran a chaoszilla khrone list last year at Adepticon and it was very competitive. I think it finished top 10 overall. It was basically: 2x Demonprince, Greater Demon, 3x Bezerker squads in Rhinos, 3x Defilers, and 3x Chaos Dreadnoughts. A very smashy, beat your face in kind of army. It might not be what you are looking for but its my thought on how Khrone should look in 5th ed.

About your list right now, Bezerker Mobs with Powerfists is optimistic at best. If you run into armor, or heck just any high toughness monster or walker like Waithlords or Dreadnoughts you're screwed. It might do well vs orks or tyranids but against 90% of the lists you see out there I wouldn't think it would do too well. The other thing is that in games of that size you want a certain number of units, otherwise they can just pour all their fire on one or two units or have an easier time denying you objectives. In games of 1850pts I would recomment around 8 of them for CSM.

For ideas you might want to look at Lord AK's Skullthrone, he ususally posts up some nice lists and he's one hell of a painter. http://ak-skullthrone.blogspot.com/ I'd try some Raptors to get some melta in there or something to get some tank busting.

Lykum
09-15-2010, 09:02 PM
The demons can be rad. I would just consider an icon to help them deepstrike. Use them to hold the objectives the berzerkers take.

armbarred
09-15-2010, 09:35 PM
You must have icons available for the daemons to come in on, they are not an option... I love the ability of daemons to attack the turn they arrive, they are worth their points if you are able to use them to reinforce a big unit brawl or draw the enemy off an objective with them.

Split off enough 'Zerkers to go 3x15 and 1x14, it will make them easier to get cover saves as you move up.

Or, go with squads of 8 with Champs outfitted as you like, and a LR or Rhino or 2.