PDA

View Full Version : Horus quote about Sanguinius

Erasmus of Baal
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
“Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to carry us to victory, and the wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father within us, whether it is his hunger for battle, his psychic talent or his determination to succeed. Sanguinius holds it all. It should have been his...” -- The Warmaster Horus

I found this quote on the Lexicanum, and the page on Sanguinius cites four books: Index Astartes II, Horus Rising by Dan Abnett, False Gods, and the Codex Imperialis. I found an excellent opportunity to use this quote in a paper for one of my classes, but I would rather have a more specific reference than the Lexicanum. Does anyone know which of these books the quote actually comes from?

david5th
09-02-2010, 09:55 AM
False Gods Pg 202.

After Horus comes back mortally wounded but before they send him to the Davin temple.

Hope this helps.

Loken
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I love the Horus Heresy novels and this is the reason why. The depth of the characters we have known so little about. Horus was given such depth and complexity. You loved this guy before he fell. He was a man who was not only likable, but admirable. It made his fall that much more tragic.

The quote was amazing when I read it the first time, and the second (I have re-read the first 3 books waiting for new releases...can't get enough). And it shows why Horus was such a noble character. His ego was in check until Chaos sunk its teeth into him.

energongoodie
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Great line. I love these books.

Grailkeeper
09-02-2010, 12:42 PM
What class do you have that requires quotes on sanquinus?

Drew da Destroya
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
What class do you have that requires quotes on sanquinus?

I'm curious as well... what school do you go to that has a 40k class? Or is more of a mythology or fiction writing class?

Either way, it sounds interesting!

fuzzbuket
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm curious as well... what school do you go to that has a 40k class? Or is more of a mythology or fiction writing class?

Either way, it sounds interesting!

wait a school with a 40k cclass

where can i enroll

DarkLink
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
It's not uncommon for English classes to allow you to pick your own book, then write an essay about it, or something to that effect.

Erasmus of Baal
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you, david5th! Exactly what I needed!

For those of you that are curious, it's a general writing class. The prompt is to write a paper about a word or phrase that means something to us, and I decided to write about the word "sanguine", and for a lot of the paper I'm tying it in to the Blood Angels and Sanguinius. I thought the quote would be appropriate to use to describe Sanguinius' awesomeness.

RebelGrot
09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Proof that even Horus thought Sanguinius was cool. He was a nice boy really that Lupercal chap...

BlackKnight15624
09-02-2010, 09:38 PM
My hat's off to you- when I was in High School I was far too embarrassed to let people know I played with little toy soldiers. Now as a History major in college I just never get the chance.

Sanguinius was quite the chap.

Hexx
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I did the same with my religious studies class I wrote a 3 page essay about the references of the christian religion and how it has effected a part of life, I wrote about how the emperor is a metaphors for Jesus :D it annoyed ALOT of Christians but hey I got a A* lool