PDA

View Full Version : Best online Retailer for PP models?

Rahveel
08-17-2009, 08:41 PM
So I do not have easy acess to a LGS, and wondered if anyone had any recomendations on good (fast/good deals/reliable) online retailers in the US.

Thanks!

GentleBen
08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I like miniaturemarket.com. They are reliable and fast, and their prices are 20-25% off msrp. The thing I like best about them is that their store has all their stocks displayed, so you know what you're getting. Sometimes other stores won't display what they have in stock, so if you want a full unit of something, you order a box and 2 blisters, and end up with a box and 1 blister. Then you have to put another order in later or go somewhere else. Their stock might be low right now because they did a 40% off sale last week. You asked a few days too late I'm afraid :(.

Faultie
08-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I know that both theWarStore and ChaosOrc have both given me great service in the past, and both are around 25% or more off list price.

Flat $5 or $6 from each, regardless of how much you order.

Nick
08-19-2009, 07:45 AM
discountgamesinc.com

I've ordered from this guy multiple times. Typically about 30% off, and shipping is usually capped at 9-12 dollars if you order multiple items.

Another huge plus is that your order gets to you extremely quickly.

rhacelt
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I second Neal at the Warstore. They have given me great service over the years no matter what I order.

cbfuller21
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I used Dungeon Trader for a while there. They were pretty good about getting my stuff out pretty quickly.

BeastsofWar-John
09-02-2009, 02:48 AM
i think for the UK it's Maelstrom. Just for good postage and customer service.

BoW- John

MGRockwell
09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
In the US I shop around between:

DungeonTrader.com
TheWarStore.com
ChaosOrc.com
SciFiGenre.com

Between those four you can always find a decent price. The top three have generally given me the best service. SciFiGenre.com is also great but sometimes takes a little longer to ship.

Garric
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
I have to 3rd the Warstore. Neal is awesome. He has a lot of the solos and units that are hard to find.

Razorx1970
02-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I used to use Warstore alot, but anymore, it's cheaper to go on eBay, and buy from a few specific sellers there just the same. Same speedy delivery, same good prices, etc. These are sellers who also have storefronts too, not fly by night sellers either.

Some of which even offer 25% off, plus free shipping like Macpac51. Another one I recently dealt with (dicehead) had some insanely awesome prices like $38 for Drago, $24 new plastic Khador jack and $32 for Behemoth, and only $3 S&H for first item, and 99-cents each additional. So I tend to buy more new stuff on eBay anymore, versus online retailers now.

Also IF you watch, there are some amazing deals to be had from auctions in general. I recently snagged a bunch of Circle of Ordos Hordes stuff valued at about $130 for $67 delievered, almost 50% off.

Almost ALL of the stuff I buy on eBay are Buy It Now deals too, no waiting around for auctions to end either. But as I said above, if you watch, there are some auctions too worth waiting around for just the same.

Thor
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
i think for the UK it's Maelstrom. Just for good postage and customer service.

BoW- John

I second you on the Maelstrom. Great service, shipping, prices... never had problems so far....

Iron Kolossus
04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
www.miniaturemarket.com. I have been ordering from them for 6 years now. Their prices and customer service are second to none. I have never had any problems ordering from them!

Herr Wiggles
04-08-2010, 02:10 AM
definitely it would have to be brookhursthobbies.com, they sell privateer at a minimum of 20%off, but some items, mainly warcasters, but definitely plenty of units', jacks, and so on, can be up to 50% off retail. My friend is buying a legion 35 point army for about $100, an eThagrosh dragon horde. Shipping is not bad also, with standard shipping being about $6-8 for a good sized order, though I personally dont have it shipped since it is near my house, I just go and pick it up in shop.

Onii
04-20-2010, 10:27 PM
That looks incredible, Herr. How reliable are they? I may have to start going there instead of Warstore for my PP stuff - it's hard to beat such low prices on full units!

GentleBen
04-21-2010, 09:24 AM
That looks incredible, Herr. How reliable are they? I may have to start going there instead of Warstore for my PP stuff - it's hard to beat such low prices on full units!

I've used them and they've always been reliable. Out of maybe ten orders over the years, they shipped one to the wrong adress, but re-shipped it as soon as I told them the problem. They were a lot nicer about correcting their error than some of the other online retailers I've used.