PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember old Commissar Gaunt rules?

Master Bryss
09-01-2010, 11:46 AM
So my next big custom rules project involves bringing the old Ghosts characters back into the game. The best place to start is clearly with Gaunt, but I've lost my 3rd edition Guard codex and can't remember his rules.

I remember he had the Sword of Hieronymo which made him S4, but nothing else. Can someone remind me of his special rules?

Vindur
09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Commisar stats with +1 wound
+1S master crafted power sword
bolt pistol

pedro style inspiring presence.

Thats all I can remember

Nabterayl
09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Compared to a 5th edition standard regular commissar he had +1WS, +2W, +1I, +1A, and +1Ld. Equipment was a bolt pistol, camo cloak, and master-crafted power sword that hits at S4. Special rules were:

If unengaged at the start of his turn, must move toward any assault occurring within 12" of him and charge into it if possible; if he does so, all IG mdoels in that combat (including himself) get +1A for that turn.
Fearless, conferred to any unit he joins.
Does not perform Summary Executions (can't anyway, thanks to #2), but will execute psykers per It's For Your Own Good! IG squads within 12" of him may use his Leadership value for Morale and Pinning tests.

TheStrategist
09-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually, his +1 attack aura only affected Tanith models, which under old rules had to have some useless doctrines, but that's me being nit-picky.

fuzzbuket
09-02-2010, 12:29 AM
wait if your feild'ing gaunt why dont you have rules that all models become tanith for Xpts and gain cloaks and stealth ?

Master Bryss
09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
fuzz, that's boooring. I'm doing rules for Gaunt, Bragg, Larkin et al too!. Gaunt is just the start.

Thanks guys. I don't know if I'll actually adapt those rules or make new ones. Now I'm going back to my rules cave.

Tynskel
09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
fuzz, that's boooring. I'm doing rules for Gaunt, Bragg, Larkin et al too!. Gaunt is just the start.

Thanks guys. I don't know if I'll actually adapt those rules or make new ones. Now I'm going back to my rules cave.

u need to look at 2nd edition for those type of rules/fluff. Google search for Gants's Ghosts.