PDA

View Full Version : Bolter Beach II - It's Coming !!

Green Blow Fly
08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Bolter Beach II has been moved back one weekend to January 21 - 23.

Mark your calendars !

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LPiNy549Hgk/TLTP1AkOlrI/AAAAAAAAAFU/nfrMpCoi1RU/s400/Bolter+Beach+II+DESIGN.jpg

G

Green Blow Fly
09-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Here is our first sample mission:

Mission - Beach Volleyball

Pre Deployment
Place five objectives on the table. There should be one objective placed at the center of each table quarter and one at the center of the table.

Deployment
Spearhead

Who goes First:
Players roll off 1d6 to see who has the choice to deploy first and go first. Seize Initiative is in play.

Game Length
Random game length (on a roll of 3+ on 1d6 the game goes to Turn 6, on a roll of 4+ on 1d6 the game goes to Turn 7). DICE DOWN when time is called.

Mission Special Rules
• Infiltrate, Reserves, Deep Strike, Scouts
• Outflank (p. 94 WH40k rulebook)
• You may attempt to Seize the Initiative (p. 92 WH40k rulebook)

Ball Bounce:
Scatter each objective 2d6 in a random direction prior to the roll to seize initiative. If a hit is scored use the small arrow to still scatter but by half of the distance rolled. After initial scatter roll the scatter dice again but only 1d6 and the objective always scatters even if a hit is rolled.

Mission Goals
The primary goal and first win condition is Seize Ground; i.e., control more objectives than your opponent at the end of the game. Only scoring units can hold an objective. If both players control the same number of objectives at the end of the game then go to the 1st Tie Breaker:

First Tie Breaker is Table Quarters; i.e., control more table quarters than your opponent at the end of the game. Whoever has more killpoints in a table quarter controls it. If both players also control the same number of table quarters then go to the 2nd Tie Breaker:

Second Tie Breaker is killpoints. If both players have the same number of killpoints then go to the final Tie Breaker:

The Final Tie Breaker is pure victory points.

ANY QUESTIONS? POST THEM HERE.

G

Green Blow Fly
09-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Here is another sample mission...

Mission: Sand Angels

Pre-deployment:
Place one objective in the center of each unoccupied table quarter. Place another objective on the center of the table. There are three objectives total. Scatter each objective 1d6" and use the small arrow if a HIT is rolled to scatter.

Deployment:
Modified Spearhead - No Man's Land is a circle centered on the table center with a 24" radius.

Who goes First:
Roll off on 1d6 to see who goes first. Player who setup first goes first unless the Initiative is Seized.

Game Length:
Random Game Length - 6 turns then a 7th turn on roll of 3+ on roll of 1d6. DICE DOWN when time is called.

Mission Special Rules:
• Infiltrate, Reserves, Deep Strike, Scout & Outflank
• You may attempt to Seize the Initiative (p. 92 BRB)
• Fearless Leader - You may select one HQ whom will be fearless and confers this to one unit it joins. If the chosen HQ is not an independent character then it can make one unit fearless that is remains within 3" of it's base. The chosen HQ can only confer this special ability to one unit.

Mission Goals
The Primary Goal and win condition is Seize Ground. If you tie on the primary goal then go to the first tie breaker:

The First Tie Breaker is kill points. If you tie on the first tie breaker then go to the second tie breaker:

The Second Tie Breaker is get more scoring units into your opponent's deployment zone. If you tie on the second tie breaker then go to the third tie breaker:

The third and Final Tie Breaker is pure Victory Points.

G

Green Blow Fly
10-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi all !

Our website was recently updated:

http://bolterbeach.com

Here is a new sample mission:

Mission: Battle for the Sun Coast

Pre-deployment:
None.

Deployment:
Reverse Dawn of War
You can deploy all units except for your HQ and troop choices. All units held in reserve can come in on your long table edge during the first turn. NIGHT FIGHT OCCURS DURING THE 3RD TURN.

Who goes First:
Roll off on 1d6 to see who goes first. Player who setup first goes first unless the Initiative is Seized.

Game Length:
Random Game Length - 6 turns then a 7th turn on roll of 4+ on 1d6. DICE DOWN when time is called.

Mission Special Rules:
• Night Fight occurs during the 3rd turn
• Infiltrate, Reserves, Deep Strike, Scout & Outflank
• HQ held in reserve come in no later than the 3rd turn and can reroll the scatter if deep striking. Once an HQ arrives it counts as destroyed if it later leaves the table although this does not count if it occurs due to a mishap. HQ cannot be placed on top of other other units or impassable terrain when initially positioning them for a deep strike. These rules still apply if the HQ is attached to another unit when held in reserve (e.g., an Autarch with wings joins a squad of Swooping Hawks).
• You may attempt to Seize the Initiative (p. 92 BRB)

Mission Goals
The Primary Goal and win condition is table quarters. You must have the most kill points in a table quarter to control it. A unit must be wholly in a table quarter to count. If you tie on the primary goal then go to the first tie breaker:

The First Tie Breaker is kill points. If you tie on the first tie breaker then go to the second tie breaker:

The Second Tie Breaker is destroy all the enemy HQ. If you tie on the second tie breaker then go to the third tie breaker:

The third and Final Tie Breaker is pure Victory Points.

Green Blow Fly
10-03-2010, 01:09 PM
This is an official Bolter Beach II news flash ! Registration is now open so you can sign up. We are planning to have up to 64 spots open for the 40k GT. There will be another 40k team tourney on the Friday preceding the GT.

We will be running three Bolter Beach II RTTs in central Florida this October to test our new system. We are very excited about this and lots of people are planning to attend these RTTs.

Our website was recently updated as well:

http://bolterbeach.com

The weather in Sarasota is awesome in January, it's the best time of the year in Florida. So plan to come out and have some fun. There will be lots of prizes and awards again. Hope to see you there !

G

Green Blow Fly
10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Bolter Beach II has been moved back one weekend to January 21 - 23.

Mark your calendars !

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LPiNy549Hgk/TLTP1AkOlrI/AAAAAAAAAFU/nfrMpCoi1RU/s400/Bolter+Beach+II+DESIGN.jpg

G

Green Blow Fly
10-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone !!

Registration is starting to quickly fill up so now is a great time to go ahead and register if you're planning to attend. Go to our official website for instructions:

http:/bolterbeach.com

:)

G

Green Blow Fly
11-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Just a note as to what awards will be out there:

Golden Bracket Warmaster (best general)
Silver Bracket Warmaster (2nd best general)
Player's Choice Army (appearance voted by the players)
Best Army (appearance voted by the TOs)
Best Sportsmanship

Except for the 1st two awards anybody in either bracket can win the other awards. We tend to not like to give out more than one award per player. Also there will be a painting contest for best single model, best squad and best vehicle (40k & Fantasy).

G

Green Blow Fly
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM

I found out this week Games Workshop will be providing a healthy amount of prize support for Bolter Beach II. I'm sure we will have lots of nice battle forces to hand out as door prizes again. I also spoke with Battle Foam this afternoon - looks like there is a good chance they will be supporting us as well this time. My partner Yuri Devilbiss and I did a short podcast interview with the 11th Company a couple of weeks ago so a big shout out to those fine folks! Possibly they will be there at BB II to run a broadcast. The 11th Company is very excited about our new format:

*W/L scoring system with Strength of Schedule
*2nd day the field will be split into two brackets so everyone has the opportunity to win an award! Note that anyone in either bracket can win best army, player's choice and best sport.
*No Best Overall anymore! Best General, Best Army, Player's Choice and Best Sport will receive an equal amount of prize support - they are all equal now (more on that below)
*Missions are being play tested at local RTTs across central Florida for player feedback.

Locally there has been some concern that we are running an Ard Boyz style event. In fact nothing could be farther from the truth. We have eliminated composition and I think most people are happy about that too. There are still soft scores for sportsmanship and appearance but with the new format these scores along with your W/L record are kept separated from each other. Because there is no longer an award for Best Overall this just makes good sense to me. I think it will also help to entice everyone to score sportsmanship more honestly since your soft scores do not affect your overall W/L record.

So basically what we have done is take what we thought was best from other big successful events like the NOVA Open and WarGamesCon (formerly known as BoLScon). And we kept true to our original mission by providing you with challenging fun missions. Our sample missions have been modified based upon the feedback we've received from players at our RTTs - we even went so far as to drop one altogether since it was pretty much universally panned.

So it's looking pretty darn good again this time around plus we already have more people registered as now than the total number of people who attended Bolter Beach I. I'm trying my best to entice more clubs to come down and play. It's going to be a good time for sure.

We have added FoW to the schedule.

G