PDA

View Full Version : Is this wrong ...?

Oyerbides
08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Is it wrong to give a tzeentch demon the Lore of Light?

Beta_Ray_Bill
08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Is it wrong to give a tzeentch demon the Lore of Light?

Uhh... Oh yeah, big time. It specifically states for each demon that they can only use their own specific lores.

Oyerbides
08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
That was a rhetorical question concerning the cheese factor or lack of cheese in doing that. Tzeentch demons using Master of Sorcery can choose Light Magic or actually any of the 8 lores.

PatLanicus
08-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Well its not wrong to take lore of light (Tzeentch is the god of magic of after all) its not truly beneficial to daemons. Most of the buffs target Initiative and WS both which are already high across the army, and the blasting spells are meh unless your shooting at another daemon army (Where then it makes sense a Tzeentch caster would have it). Whats actually better is lore of life for daemons, having expensive core, and many multi wound models (Flamers, Flesh hounds, GDs, Juggernauts, Beasts of nurgle, Steeds of slaanesh, Daemon princes, Characters, etc etc, the lore attribute can keep healing these models while you bring more back from the dead, and add some T on the daemons low toughness making them harder to kill.

So light is being nice compared to what Lore of life could do for the army :P

Beta_Ray_Bill
08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Derp...
I guess the wife doesn't know her army book as we'll as I thought... Maybe I should just read the book.

Oyerbides
08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Well its not wrong to take lore of light (Tzeentch is the god of magic of after all) its not truly beneficial to daemons. Most of the buffs target Initiative and WS both which are already high across the army, and the blasting spells are meh unless your shooting at another daemon army (Where then it makes sense a Tzeentch caster would have it). Whats actually better is lore of life for daemons, having expensive core, and many multi wound models (Flamers, Flesh hounds, GDs, Juggernauts, Beasts of nurgle, Steeds of slaanesh, Daemon princes, Characters, etc etc, the lore attribute can keep healing these models while you bring more back from the dead, and add some T on the daemons low toughness making them harder to kill.

So light is being nice compared to what Lore of life could do for the army :P

I was really being silly there, but I appreciate the ideas. I will probably take Life or Fire for him in reality. I was just trying to see what people would say is all.

Geist
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
It could be worse you could be doing shadow and life. That is the nasty nasty evil combo of doom. Demons are really good right now.