PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE REPORT THREAD: T'au vs Inquisition (2/19/2018)

Mayhems_Muse
02-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Forced to retreat from the outpost world of Voss’ho the T’au under the commander of Ironsights attempt to make it back to friendly territory. Yet they find their paths blocked again and again by the rampaging forces of Chaos. Low on supplies they are forced to raid Imperial outposts to survive.

These raids have not gone unnoticed. Alerted to news of Xenos raids Inquisitor Hilde has gathered forces of the fearsome Deathwatch Watchfortress Ocam and set out in pursuit. On the island world of Caswell’s Hope she catches up with T’au forces and strikes at their head.

T’au

Cadre Fireblade – 2

Ethereal -2

Commander Ironsights -7

12x Strike team w/ drones – 7

12x Strike team w/ drones – 7

10x Strike Team w/ Drones -6
Devilfish-7

Devilfish-7

Devilfish-7

12x Tactical Drones -6

Broadside-9

Broadside-9

pl 76 6/6 cp

Imperium

Inquisitor Hilde- 7

Watch Master – 7

10x Infantry Squad -3

Deathwatch Kill Team w/ Terminator, biker, Vanguard- 17

Deathwatch Kill Team w/ Terminator, biker, Vanguard- 17

Corvus Blackstar -12

Corvus Blackstar -12

75 pl 6/6 cps

Icendar
02-19-2018, 08:54 PM
As biased as I am, I'm glad the Deathwatch had a win.

I think Matt did pretty well - especially when all seemed lost near the end. And that exploding tank was almost the great equalizer.

Plus, it was great to actually be able to sit down and see a game for the first time in ages. So I was happy whatever happened :D

SALLstice
02-19-2018, 09:31 PM
I wonder if I should have waited to keep my strike teams in their transports until even later. They spent most of turn 2 not shooting at much and probably just risked getting out in the open.
Still, Tau are not in a great spot and while I'm not trying to use that as an excuse, it really doesn't help.

Once I lost the broadsides I lost basically all chance of killing the dropships. The only other guns I had were S5 AP0 D1 shots which are not gonna take out a flyer, hitting on 5+.

Overall, I think I did mostly fine in terms of fighting until the end and trying to secure the objective, but didn't pan out.

Should have slow played harder.

Navaren
02-19-2018, 10:21 PM
I don't see a lot of marker drones hitting the table when you guys play Tau, I know they aren't as amazing as in past editions but its not hard to get 5 markers on a target that needs to die like those flyers, especially since the drones can literally go anywhere and fly. 4+ reroll 1s is solid. Hell even just reroll 1s is solid. I know when I play the roomie he fields quite a few marker drones and he really burns my big imposing units down with them.

Icendar
02-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Should have slow played harder.

What you need is to develop a repertoire of long. rambling anecdotes.

nav makes a good point about drones and I also reckon your thought about deploying your fire teams later - or just plonking them on the objective - might have been a good play.

SALLstice
02-20-2018, 09:42 PM
What you need is to develop a repertoire of long. rambling anecdotes.

Oh I have plenty. In fact, this one time.....