PDA

View Full Version : Land Speeder Storm Question

plasticaddict
08-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Here's the question:

A Land Speeder Storm carrying Scouts Deep Strikes, can the Scouts Assault that turn?

The Storm entered via Deep Strike so it counts as moving 12" and is open topped making it an assault vehicle. I can't find anything after checking all the relevant Errata and FAQs from GW that says you cannot assault, nor can I find anything that says explicitly you may assault. In the rules for Deepstrike it says that you cannot assault on the turn you arrive, however in the rules for Droppods and in the BA Codex for Landraiders it explicitly states that you may not assault out of the vehicle when it deepstrikes. So is GW being redundant saying you may not assault out of a Droppod or is there an exemption for certian vehicles that allow you to assault out of them when you deepstrike? The local consensus is that assaulting out of the Storm is allowed even if it Deepstrikes, with one player in opposition. Also a call to GW got an "It's an assault vehicle, so yes, you can assault." response to the question.

So what do you think: Yes you can assault or no you can't?

Culven
08-25-2010, 11:49 AM
The Scouts still enetered play via Deep Strike, so are not permitted to Assault. The statements included in the Land Raider and Drop Pod rules are simply redundant to make sure that people understand that being Open-Topped or an Assault Vehicle still doesn't override the restriction due tot he unit coming in va Deep Strike.

chromedog
08-26-2010, 04:43 AM
They utilised the deep strike mechanism to enter play (regardless of how they did it).
Deep strike does not allow assault.
They could disembark and shoot or run, but not assault in the turn they arrive.

My vote is NO and I run two of these boys.

mynameisgrax
08-26-2010, 02:54 PM
As the others have said, when you enter play via deepstrike, you cannot assault, regardless of whether they did so on their own, or when inside a vehicle. If this weren't the case, then Vanguard Veterans and Stormboyz wouldn't need the extra rules allowing them to assault after deepstriking.