PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Battle Bunker closing September 19, new location undetermined at this time

Brass Scorpion
08-25-2010, 08:31 AM
This news was formally announced to the public on August 23 at the Baltimore Battle Bunker, so I thought I'd share it for the sake of others in the community who've enjoyed the store and will miss it too. The store will be closing at the end of business on September 19. A new store location has not yet been determined though staff are stating that a search for a new site is continuing and will hopefully be announced within about six months or so. Note that the current store staff has not been moved to other jobs within the company. If there's anyone on staff you wish to see again you might want to stop by the store soon to give them your regards. If you have models on display at the store you should pick them up as soon as possible before the closure date.

I can't say how much this saddens me. I have had many wonderful times at the Battle Bunker HQ and made many wonderful friends in recent years. We joined the community there a few years ago and did our best to help it grow. We have spent thousands of hours there because it has just been so much fun. Through many changes, good and bad, we've continued to frequent the store. Maryland has now lost its HQ, its Battle Bunker and its perpetual annual Games Day event all in this one summer. GW's focus seems to be shifting away from the Maryland area and in some ways away from North America in general. These are dark uncertain times for what may be the oldest and certainly one of the largest GW hobby communities in all of North America. I certainly hope we do get another Battle Bunker for the D.C./Baltimore area soon. In the meantime, losing the current Battle Bunker is a huige blow to our local gaming and hobby community that is already sharply felt.

Faultie
08-25-2010, 09:07 AM
That's a shame. I went up there a few times, and quite enjoyed it.

Hopefully they'll open one a little closer to DC, so I can make it up more regularly.

emsgoof
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't know if it's already out there, but the new Baltimore / DC area bunker is going in down in Bowie, Rt 450 @ Racetrack Rd.

Kaax Taat
03-23-2011, 03:18 PM
So who did you get to leak that?

Curious,
Kaax Taat

demented
04-19-2011, 08:59 AM
its not leaked its been confrimed by shirts now

emsgoof
05-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Stopped in yesterday at the new bunker. I have to say I'm rather unimpressed so far. It's been what, 6 months or so, and they moved into what appears to be a smaller space, with no store frontage (it's a hallway), with just painted cinder block walls and open girder ceiling. The tables weren't done, little scenery, what have they been doing for the past 6 months?