PDA

View Full Version : My Red Scorpioins have Returned!

RedScorpionsGirl
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I finally gave in and decided that it was time.....After sitting on the back burner for almost a year, I dug this case out last weekend. Yes, this was BEFORE the releases @ Games Day! I thought I had managed to collect everything for them but the resin tank doors (mine are brass etched to death, like 7 sheets purchased so far plus a large numbers one) and a thunderhawk (This is still not out of the question at some point). It was put away as a WIP as I got tired of doing the teeny tiny scorpions, but I decided to get it out and try to finish it up.

Only thing I seem to be lacking in the bits department is devastator shoulder pads. Didn't GW make metal ones at one point? I can't seem to find any reference to them at all. Am I mistaken?

Rough list, give or take that I have (I will get some pictures up as soon a I am able to):

HQ
-Terminator Culln mini (1 done, 1 bare resin)
- Resin Vanguard Culln Mini doubles as Pedro Kantor (has magnetized arms) for non FW rules game)
- 1 (10) man honour guard unit. Made from 3 boxes of Marneus Calgar Honour guard, and the GD 2008 miniature for the Chapter Champion.

Elite
5 Terminators (4 LC 1 TH/SS) with RS shoulderpads
1 Venerable Dreadnought with CCW/Multi Melta (has drop pod ride too)
1 (10) man Sternguard Squad (metal)
Land Raider Redeemer (magnetized with tons of etches on it) Terminator Transport

Troop
3 10 man Tac Squads ( can double as Sternguard as I've got a specific Sgt to use with a non FW rules list) all made from FW upgrade kits
2 Rhinos
2 Razorbacks
1 (10) man scout squad sniper rifles, and Tellion modified as the Sgt.

Fast Attack
2 Land Speeder Storms (built before model came out)
1 (10) Vanguard Squad, including the 5 man resin FW kit and 5 vanguard minis.

Heavy
3 (10) man Devastator Squads, 4 Missile launchers (all made from FW resin kits)
2 Vindicators
Another Redeemer
--Possibly a Whirlwind, if I take the bits from my SW army (hey, they're not using it, I don't play them at all)

Misc
Masters of the Chapter
5 shotgun scouts
More misc parts, including extra torsos, more legs, and other assorted marine stuff.

I'm currently debating whether or not I want to get bikes to add for another option, but just not sure yet. Thinking Captain on bike, with command squad, and a squad or two of bikes. Also looking at all the new stuff and seeing where I can work it in too :).

Painting's about 75-85% done, and haven't figured out the basing yet.

fuzzbuket
08-23-2010, 12:16 PM
hooray a nicely painted red scorpians army just beafor badab book might just make me do more exrocists :P

hopefully youll finish the army, if so WELL DONE :D

Ferro
08-23-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm starting to feel the itch to pull mine out of the mothballs too. Post some pics! :)

RedScorpionsGirl
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
hooray a nicely painted red scorpians army just beafor badab book might just make me do more exrocists :P

hopefully youll finish the army, if so WELL DONE :D

Funny you should say that....lol. I passed over my sisters to accomplish this project. That's one I'm going to finish soon enough, but got tired of filing metal (I ordered all helmeted sisters before bitz went the way of the do do) and said that enough was enough for the time being. Also, with the price hike those few minis I was missing to complete it were expensive! Don't know about you but I run a pure sisters army.

Ferro:
As soon as I have time to get some pics I will get them up for all to see. Realized last nite while flipping through IA 6/2 that I had done some of the markings wrong....also couldn't figure out why the terminators didn't look quite right. Forgot the yellow on the shoulder pad...boy did I feel silly.