PDA

View Full Version : Disembarking Units & IC's from Transports

alakard2020
08-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Just a quick question. If you run 2 independent characters and a unit in a land raider, when disembarking can you leave one of the independent characters in the land raider while the other IC and the unit get out? Or do they all have to get out together?

There has been some discussion at my local store about this, and the head gamers there are saying that everyone must get out as they are one unit when they are in the raider, then once they are out they can split apart from there. And according to them, there is an FAQ stating this somewhere.

But I read in the rule book (page 67) "The unit and IC's may, in a later movement phase, disembark as a single unit. They can also disembark seperately by either th unit or the IC's while others remain onboard, or even disembarking at the same time using different access points.

My understanding of that is, I can leave an IC in the raider, and have the other IC and unit jump out. Or am I reading this wrong, or is there an FAQ that states otherwise?

08-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Unless you find something in the errata/faq for the main rulebook, I think you've already answered your own question that they can separate before or after disembarking.

DrWobbles
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Those head gamers are wrong. The ICs can join, leave, disembark, or don't, as long as its in the movement phase.

Duke
08-22-2010, 03:24 PM
They are wrong.

I have seen many times, Vulkan charge solo out of a LR. Or a unit of termies Charge out and leave the Sang priest in the LR.

In Theory, you could Disemark the squad and charge unit #1, then disembark a IC and charge Unit#2, and have yet another IC stay in the Landraider.

Hope this helps.

Duke

P.S. Don't ever believe anyone who says "it is in the FAQ." unless they have the said FAQ with them. I always keep my Blood Angels FAQ in my phone specifically to show people I can scout and pop smoke.

Tynskel
08-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Goes to show:
Know your Codex
Know your Opponent's Codex
Know your FAQs
and
Know your Rulebook.

If at all possible: Bring this stuff with you! Especially your Rulebook, your codex, and FAQs.

A couple of years ago, at 'Ard Boyz someone tried to pull something on me that was related to the Necron FAQ--- they didn't bring the FAQ with them-- the judge ruled nope--- Bring your FAQs!!!

Now, if this type of question came up 'in-game' and nobody a) has a rulebook nearby, or b) where to look in the Rulebook--- fall back to the Roll Off Rule (this is when there are no Judges). Then look it up after the game.

Culven
08-24-2010, 09:59 AM
A couple of years ago, at 'Ard Boyz someone tried to pull something on me that was related to the Necron FAQ--- they didn't bring the FAQ with them-- the judge ruled nope--- Bring your FAQs!!!
Then the judge was being very lienient. The 'Ard Boyz rules require that players bring thier own rulebooks, codecies, dice, FAQs, and so on. Not having them could be grounds for disqualification.

Mycroft Holmes
08-24-2010, 11:46 AM
The "Everyone must get out together" rule they're thinking of is from the 4rth Ed. Rules.

They no longer appear in the 5th Ed Rules.

Mycroft