PDA

View Full Version : BA: Fast Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

Javsgotyournose
08-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Would it be legal for heavy weapons to fire out of a fast rhino that has moved 6 inches? since it's fast, it can fire all weapons as if it had remained stationary. Am I seeing this right?

Gir
08-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Page 66: "Models firing from a vehcile that has moved counts as moving"

So no, you cannot fire a weapon out of a fast rhino that has moved 6" unless you have relentless.

Culven
08-19-2010, 07:50 AM
The Vehicle being Fast has no effect upon the firing of the Embarked Unit, only the Vehicle's own shooting.

Tynskel
08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, when Sgt. Telion came out with the Land Speeder Storm--- I was totally thinking a Mobile Sniper Squad... then I double checked the rules that Gir is quoting... and I was Sad :(

Eyespy
08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
The Vehicle being Fast has no effect upon the firing of the Embarked Unit, only the Vehicle's own shooting.

So a squad inside a fast rhino that moved flat out can fire all their assault and rapid fire weapons, fire points permitting?

Connjurus
08-20-2010, 09:28 PM
So a squad inside a fast rhino that moved flat out can fire all their assault and rapid fire weapons, fire points permitting?

Yes, and models with Relentless may likewise fire any weapon.

Sir Biscuit
08-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Um, incorrect. Check page 66, under Fire Points: "Models in a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moved, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at cruising speed that turn."

Even if you're fast, you can't fire if your vehicle moved more than 6".

Eyespy
08-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Um, incorrect. Check page 66, under Fire Points: "Models in a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moved, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at cruising speed that turn."

Yes this was the correction I was making to Culven's post. I should have been less of a jerk and just spelled it out.

Connjurus
08-20-2010, 11:20 PM

Whoops, missed the flat-out part. :p Lol.

blackarmchair
08-21-2010, 02:16 AM
It's a real bummer, makes sense but it sucks.

Just think what mounted IG Vets could do if their Chimeras could move 12" and they could still fire FIVE FREAKIN GUNS out of their hatch.

*shudders*

Culven
08-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes this was the correction I was making to Culven's post. I should have been less of a jerk and just spelled it out.
How does one correct something that isn't incorrect? :confused:

The fact that the Vehicle is Fast only affects the Vehicle's firing. The rules for passengers firing are still only goverened by how far the vehicle moved, being Fast makes no difference.