PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armour

Cyberscape7
08-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Im thinking about getting Imperial Armour Apocalypse, but there were just a couple of things I need to know. 1- Does each of the editions explain all the special rules that go with super heavys and titans?
2- are the rules for the stompa in the first one or the second one?

rbryce
08-16-2010, 06:06 AM
i believe IA:A had the rules for superheavies in it, i have yet to buy IA:A2, so i dont know if they are in it. as to stompa rules, they are on the GW site for download i believe, or im certain theres some rules for it in the WD their release was in(not sure if its normal stompas, or some of the special ones like da evil eye in da sky).

SotonShades
08-16-2010, 06:32 AM
IA;A and IA;A2 both have the full rules for superheavies in.

As for the Stompa, you have either the GW downloads or for the most comprehensive rules set you need IA8m Raid on Kastrol Novem.

Gir
08-16-2010, 06:42 AM
IA:A2 goes a step further and provides clarified rules for 5th ed, as well as a heap of awesome optional rules.

Archon Charybdis
08-16-2010, 05:39 PM
IA;A and IA;A2 both have the full rules for superheavies in.

You sure about that? I don't have IA:A2, but I'm reading my IA:A right now and it does not include any rules beyond the datasheets themselves. It makes a point in the foreword of saying that these rules are designed to be used with the Apocalypse rulebook.

Gir
08-16-2010, 05:45 PM
You sure about that? I don't have IA:A2, but I'm reading my IA:A right now and it does not include any rules beyond the datasheets themselves. It makes a point in the foreword of saying that these rules are designed to be used with the Apocalypse rulebook.

You're right, they're only in IA:A2

Archon Charybdis
08-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I am curious now, what sort of special variant rules are there in IA:A2?

SotonShades
08-17-2010, 05:11 AM

Oops, my bad. You are right, IA;A does not have the rules, which I discovered when I went home and checked. I get confused because I often keep photocopies of certain pages with the books for quicker reference, and on occassion they migrate from one book to another (most often when I only need one page from a book and can't be bothered to carry the rest of it!)

Cyberscape7
08-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Thnx for the help guys:)

Gir
08-17-2010, 06:09 AM
I am curious now, what sort of special variant rules are there in IA:A2?

Can't be bothered getting the book, but from memory there's 4 different scenarios, Stratagems for using Planetstrike terrain, rules for fliers crashing on the table, rules for making pretty much everything deadlier ("Void fighting" I think they call it), rules for army warmasters and some other stuff. I'll check the full list later.

ctrich77
08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
They have the datasheets on the GW web site I printed mine out from there for the SM LR variants. They are in the expansion Apoco section scroll down and you will see the link for data sheets the stompa is in that