PDA

View Full Version : Welcome and Introduce Yourself!

Mayhems_Muse
11-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Greetings, everyone!

Thank you for joining our online community. We love having you here at BoLS, and are looking forward to networking and connecting with you more off-sites from Twitch!

Shoot us a little intro and bio for yourself, as well as your Twitch Screen Name, so we know who you are!

Best,

Mayhems_Muse
Jennifer Larsen,
Twitch Producer at Bell of Lost Souls

DaxTheDestroyer
11-01-2017, 02:23 PM
So I might be to old know for sure, but I think this is what you are suppose to do...

FIRST!

Did I do that right?

Mayhems_Muse
11-01-2017, 03:34 PM
So I might be to old know for sure, but I think this is what you are suppose to do...

FIRST!

Did I do that right?

YOU SO DID THAT RIGHT!!!

But now, you have to introduce yourself properly like I asssssked.

Icendar
11-01-2017, 03:43 PM
I am Icendar. I don't say things like "FIRST" when I post in forums. Apart from when I do.

Amongst my favorite things to do are typing slowly, laughing when certain BOLS streamers try to pronounce "dakka" and getting pissed off when my tea goes cold. This list is not exhaustive and may be expanded in the future.

EDIT: If we're being all serious and stuff (what a drag amirite): I'm Australian, but I moved to the US some years ago. My wife and I live in Nebraska. You know the bit in Star Wars where Luke is talking about places being far away from the bright spot of the galaxy? My house was his yardstick. We don't even have a plaque to commemorate it, that's how lacking in interest it is here.

Gamewise, for 40k I have Deathwatch and some new Aeldari, along with a lot of other models I bought just because I like the look of them. And my Ultramarine Primaris Army. I have a Stormcast crew for AoS and I'm also giving Shadespire a bit of a workout atm. Online, I'm still playing Diablo 3, which I love.

Icendar's List of Icendar's Favorite* Stuff:

Favorite Movie: Aliens
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Number: 13
Favorite Letter: Z
Favorite Person: My wife. I mean this 100% sincerely.
Favorite Computer Game: Monkey Island 3
Favorite Animal: Drop Bear
Favorite Pasta Type: Fusilli
Favorite Real Animal: Samoyeds!
Favorite Evidence Type: Empirical
Favorite Joke: Q) what's brown and sticky? A) A stick
Favorite Car: Last of the V8 Interceptors
Farorite Hair Care Product: Soul Glo
Favorite TV Show: Red Dwarf
Favorite Album: Daft Punk's Discovery
Favorite Karate Move: Wax On
Favorite Hallmark Holiday: Boss' Day... come on.
Favorite Time of Day: 3am
Favorite Bikkie: Tim Tams
Favorite Screw Drive Type: Hex
Favorite Witch Curse Type: Hex
Favorite Numerical System: Decimal. Because to hell with Hex.
Favorite Hand: Left
Favorite Rotary Wing Aircraft: Bell UH-1

*Not a definitive list. List subject to change without notice. The word 'favorite' should not be construed to mean any of the listed items receive or deserve preferential treatment from Icendar or any of his subsidiaries.

DaxTheDestroyer
11-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Gah... slave driver ;)

I am just a 40 something husband and dad trying to squeeze in gaming between family and work, some weeks are better then others. But if anyone else is in the Denver, CO area let me know, I might be able to do a store meet up for some games. Currently playing 40k and Shadespire. Planning on picking up Necromunda and hopefully Adeptus Titancus when it comes out.

Odd factoid about me I use to compete in private pistol shooting competitions around town, nothing beats bowling with guns! :cool:, but you think 40k is expensive... so I have given that up for the time being.

Mayhems_Muse
11-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Cold tea is an atrocity. I feel your pain on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Gah... slave driver ;)

I am just a 40 something husband and dad trying to squeeze in gaming between family and work, some weeks are better then others. But if anyone else is in the Denver, CO area let me know, I might be able to do a store meet up for some games. Currently playing 40k and Shadespire. Planning on picking up Necromunda and hopefully Adeptus Titancus when it comes out.

Odd factoid about me I use to compete in private pistol shooting competitions around town, nothing beats bowling with guns! :cool:, but you think 40k is expensive... so I have given that up for the time being.

Actually, Rob and I are taking a 10 day vacation from November 16-26th, heading up to Eagle to stay with his Aunt and take a little trip through Colorado. Small world!

Bigred
11-01-2017, 04:01 PM
seventh!!!

:)

Mayhems_Muse
11-01-2017, 04:24 PM
seventh!!!

:)

but you didn"t introduce yourself!!!

BananaMandrew
11-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Hey all, BananaMandrew here. I play games, I like bananas, I'm in the greater Chicagoland area, and I like long walks in the woods. Currently playing Necrons, previously played Grey Knights, and presuming I have some form of loose cash floating around in a few months, will probably pick up Tau as army #3.

JayArr
11-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Hey guys. J.R. from on the stream here. EVerything you need to know about me is right here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ).

Icendar
11-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Hey guys. J.R. from on the stream here. EVerything you need to know about me is right here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ).

That gave me a lot of insight. :D

Melon-neko
11-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Meow

<translation>
Hello,
From Dallas, Tx. Sometimes i have time to watch and chat, but usually I have to watch old videos.
I play 40k mostly, AoS a little. Probably not going to get into Shadespire although I bought it.
I like elves and space elves, mostly.
I like cold tea.
</translation>

Melon

SALLstice
11-01-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm Matt. I'm the one who plays on the stream all the time. It's pretty alright.

I like playing games and internetting. I should be writing my article for the main site which is supposed to go up tomorrow morning, but I'm doing this instead.

I'm a professional.

AdamHarry
11-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Hey I'm AdamHarry. I uh...work here. I am also supposed to be working on an article on the main site but instead I'm saying hello! Welcome everyone!

Navaren
11-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Favorite Screw Drive Type Hex
Favorite Witch Curse Type: Hex
Favorite Numerical System: Decimal. Because to hell with Hex.

So disappointed you didn't say to Heck with Hex....

Howdy Howdy Howdy.

I'm Navaren. I Mance Necros, and by that I mean I run a dark rides department at an amusement park and train people to be zombies and undead pirates.

I just started to play 40K again with 8th edition as a way to improve my airbrushing and makeup skills. Nurgle is Love Nurgle is Loaf.

I enjoy long walks on the... Oh sorry this isn't that kind of site.

SALLstice
11-02-2017, 11:13 PM
I enjoy long walks on the... Oh sorry this isn't that kind of site.

Who says?

Navaren
11-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Who says?

Bat seeking Belfry for dank meme-ing?

Mayhems_Muse
11-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Meow

<translation>
Hello,
From Dallas, Tx. Sometimes i have time to watch and chat, but usually I have to watch old videos.
I play 40k mostly, AoS a little. Probably not going to get into Shadespire although I bought it.
I like elves and space elves, mostly.
I like cold tea.
</translation>

Melon

You're officially cool in my book. Also a Space Elf player. Welcome to the Belfry!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I'm AdamHarry. I uh...work here. I am also supposed to be working on an article on the main site but instead I'm saying hello! Welcome everyone!

I'm Mayhem. I ALSO ALSO work here... But I avoid all of you like the Plague on the weekends because I have a super important life and can't be bothered.

...Ok ok, that isn't true at all. I spent the weekend painting miniatures and watching comic book movies and baking. THIS IS FINE.

Fiat_Lux
11-06-2017, 11:09 PM
I'm Lux! I do D&D things! I've also been known to do other things, but you'll have to guess them if you want to know what they are! You've maybe seen me on NeverQuest. I wear a hat, and it's not the pointy hat. I look like my avatar!

HaakonSlash
11-15-2017, 08:17 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2A59OCZHs1LXvW/giphy.gif

I'm this person: http://bit.ly/BOLSAuthor-HaakonSlash
I play Deathwatch and occasionally talk off camera during streams

Mayhems_Muse
11-27-2017, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=HaakonSlash;579545]https://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2A59OCZHs1LXvW/giphy.gif

I love everything about this.

Budtasticguy
12-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Hi all, I'm Budtasticguy. I've been following the Twitch stream for a while now. It's pretty awesome. To bad school here goes till 3:30pm Central Time. I'm usually catching the end of the afternoon Batrep. I've been boardgaming since Masterpiece was considered a newer game. I got into Warhammer fantasy about 23 years ago and now have a Wood Elf, Empire, Dwarf and Orcs and Goblins army. My son started playing when he was 8 or 10 (Hes 18 now). He has Death and Ogres. Um.. I live in Manitoba, Canada just across the border from North Dakota. Used to go to Minneapolis (6 hour drive) for a big GT every year but they don't hold it anymore. sigh. Just got into 40k after years of putting it off. We've started Dark Angels and Thousand Sons. We're desperately waiting for that next codex. Anyway. The BOLS Twitch streams are awesome and I'm starting to put voices to names from the stream so that when I read the articles from someone like Jay or Larry I can hear their voices in my head while I read. (that sounds weird doesn't it)

FoxJester
01-15-2018, 04:57 PM
hi.

ehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Bigred
01-16-2018, 12:29 AM
Welcome aboard!

Mayhems_Muse
01-17-2018, 01:54 PM
hi.

ehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

https://i.giphy.com/media/102Acq7aMrMmac/giphy.webp

Mayhems_Muse
01-29-2018, 04:23 PM
Welcome Emil! We're happy to have you in the SubFam. Enjoy that emote! For reference, the emote is of Harry, our official Studio Mascot. He's currently napping in the office.