PDA

View Full Version : Gnoblars

Grabnutz
08-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Has anyone ever tried to convert all those useless Skull Pass Night Goblins into Gnoblars?

Don't tell me I am sad, I know :o

Randroid
08-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Not that I know of, but you would have to add some noses to them all. Gnoblars are a bit more "gangly" too - their arms are long and they are often hunched over.

Gibbtall
08-19-2009, 03:00 PM
I've seen somone simply SAY they were gnoblars, I'm not even sure if he even painted them darker. I've got a project going for a Gnoblar Warband, which I've included a converted Goblin with some Rhinoplasty, http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166092 Just keep in mind that Gnoblars are much smaller then goblins, if you are going to choose a model to convert, it should fit the general Gnoblar body type first, the noses are easy :P

Randroid
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Gnoblars are not smaller, they are mostly identical to a Goblin in size. They are often hunched over which can give them the appearance of being small.

They do vary in size a bit though. I have a couple Gnoblars who are quite big - the Groinbiters!

Gibbtall
09-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Gnoblars are not smaller, they are mostly identical to a Goblin in size. They are often hunched over which can give them the appearance of being small.

They do vary in size a bit though. I have a couple Gnoblars who are quite big - the Groinbiters!

I don't think I've seen many, if any, gnoblars that rival the size of the black reach goblins. I could be mistaken though. I don't think I've seen them side by side.

Hephesto
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Some cosmetic surgery should go a long way towards turning them into Gnoblars. Some green stuff will take care of the noses and some subtle cutting and hole filling should get some nice hunched over postures sorted. The only thing you'd really need to addres is how you'll explain that they're wearing NG-themed robes. Cutting them up more to get rid of the point hoods would go a long way towards this, rather labour intensive to get 2-3 (forgot the exact numer) point minis.

Would be a ton of fun those, always had a thing for Gnoblars and Hobgoblins. If you're interested in making more Gnoblars from other minis you may also be interested in the OG snotling blisters and some of the old Ork gretchin. Many of them are only 30 minutes of conversion and sculpting away from being utterly characterful and devious Gnoblars!

Grabnutz
11-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys :) Sorry for the hiatus but work and life got in the way again.