PDA

View Full Version : Gamesday Germany News and Info

Bigred
08-16-2009, 12:29 AM
This is the thread to use so we don't have several floating about. Whaetever you have from the event, stick it in here.

ChaosPhoenix
08-16-2009, 02:38 AM
This is the thread to use so we don't have several floating about. Whaetever you have from the event, stick it in here.

I'm not at the Games Day this year, but some friends of mine. Maybe they'll give me a call.

Greeny
08-16-2009, 02:39 AM
I live in Australia, we don't have games day, let alone a German games day... though, I could go for combining oktoberfest and 40k...

ChaosPhoenix
08-16-2009, 02:58 AM
Ok our food, beer and some of our girls and your beach and girls. But we leave the drunken bavarians at home, please!

But anyways, even if you aren't here, you can share our news ^^

Brezel
08-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Ave

A really nice combination, Oktoberfest and GamesDay.
On one side they shout: "S'uffa" (What means as much as: get us some alcohols) on the other: "Waaaaghhhh"...! (Is there any difference between?)

I'm waiting for a buddy to give me a call, since he is there at the moment. Seems like he slept some more longer than he was allowed to. :D
Maybe I should really wake him up... just to be sure. :p

Greeny
08-16-2009, 03:55 AM
The GW here are having an 'Ork-toberfest'... anyway, wake him up, info k go :D

Brezel
08-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Ave

An 'Ork-toberfest'...? Sounds similar to the one we have in Munich every year... much Orks, much spilled guts and a lot of snotlings. :D;):p

Luckily i life in Cologne... we just have Carnival... this is more on just mad and crazy people.

Hmmm, my buddy set his priorities in a wrong order... he opted to sleep longer, but a couple of calls later he is awake now. Seems like i have to give him a ride there personally. *Argl*

Latro_
08-16-2009, 04:10 AM
guy on WS is there, seemingly there is naff all new on show.:(

Joerg
08-16-2009, 04:58 AM
My friend is at the Gamesday in Cologne and i just got the message that the mystery box is SPACE HULK. Pre-order starting tomorrow.

Cheers,
Joerg

ChaosPhoenix
08-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Yeah just got a call with the Space Hulk Info. What mystery. I hope there is another big announcement ;-). Too bad most noone of those poor sods seems to have an internet capable handy. Which is actually ashaming because everyone seems to have an Iphone, G1, Blackberry these days (which includes myself). On one hand, I'm sad we didn't drive this year. On the other hand, I'm glad if there is "only" Space Hulk and I'm happy, if I can avoid german Warhammer players.

I'm german myself, but wargamers in the rest of the world seem to be nicer in a "less stupid" kind of way ;-)

ChaosPhoenix
08-16-2009, 07:01 AM
An update: I think Cologne might burn very soon. The current word is, that GW won't announce the Mystery Box today, but tomorrow. Today they want to talk about pricing details and release date. If that's true, some might go bezerk. The gamesday seems to be not that good in general this year.

Brezel
08-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Ave

Got no word from my buddy by now about the Mistery Box.
I'm getting somewhat impatient... :cool:

Bigred
08-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Via Warseer's 75Hastings69:

They did already say that a global announcement would be made via the website on 17th August, so I think expecting the info to be "leaked" out a day early at GD Germany was a bit unrealistic. The release of SH is the most controlled and guarded by GW in recent times, but it will be revealed on the website tomorrow. Preorder starts tomorrow and release date is 5th September.

ChaosPhoenix
08-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Via Warseer's 75Hastings69:

And they said in the WD... I don't know which, I think June, that they'll announce the contents of the box on the games day. Or what ever they meant with "Wir lassen die Bombe platzen." which means something like "We spill the beans."

RandomX
08-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Personally I think the best news of the entire day is a sister company for Forgeworld, that is Fantasy Specific only.

Money says that their first project is Chaos Dwarves.

That is some seriously good stuff. I mean Forgeworld is basically 40k only anyway. :D

-Eric

The Undying
08-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Ah well. I needed some genestealers for my tyranid army and some termies for my deathwing army anyway.

Xas
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Personally I think the best news of the entire day is a sister company for Forgeworld, that is Fantasy Specific only.

That is some seriously good stuff. I mean Forgeworld is basically 40k only anyway. :D

-Eric

FW-Fantasy as a seperate entity... COOL. might bring me back to fantasy..

th0r
08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Pretty weak, seems like GD's are getting worse and worse. I was really hoping to see pictures and hear more on the upcomming Space Wolves.

Bigred
08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
From an BoLS reader attendee:

...they showed a teaser trailer with a statement, that GW's website will bring some big news tomorrow.
But considering that the official GD shirts today sported either a genestealer skull or a terminator helmet and after various long talks to high GW stuff it was pretty clear that this is about Space Hulk. So it's pretty much official.
The trailer also hinted at the Blood Angels taking revenge for their fallen brothers and taking the fight to the great devourer of worlds.
Store staff was as of yet not in the know about prices, content or anything else specific concerning the boxed set.

Aldramelech
08-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Anticlimax!!!!!!! Knew it would be lol

Bigred
08-16-2009, 10:42 AM
On the other hand, the word that GW is keeping the original Space Hulk Fluff involving the Blood Angels does lend more weight to the chatter that Codex: Blood Angels is being slotted in as an early 2010 release to capitalize on the publicity.

HappyHaunt
08-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Hmm is it just me or is the uk Games Day, if the 5th September date is true, basically just spending £30 to get a figure, and access to a load of early release stuff?

Lord General Xi Lutor
08-16-2009, 11:04 AM

-Eric

Really? That is ****ing aye sweet news!!

Forhekset
08-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Anticlimax!!!!!!! Knew it would be lol
Anticlimax? By the sounds of that Bigred just reported it will actually be an evolution of the game as opposed to a direct copy of the old game. I mean that it actually has a new story and stuff, might mean updated rules and stuff.

I still don't care but that's better than I thought it was going to be.

Forhekset
08-16-2009, 11:06 AM

-Eric
Well they have been advertising for hiring new sculpters and stuff for awhile :)

gwensdad
08-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Did they give a name for the new fantasy "Forgeworld-ish" company? Or when it officially opens for business?

ChaosPhoenix
08-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Did they give a name for the new fantasy "Forgeworld-ish" company? Or when it officially opens for business?

Nothing yet, sorry. Most people were so disappointed this year, they're either drunk or crying now ;-). I can't even confirm the Fantasy-Forge, because I've only heard it from one source.

Aldramelech
08-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Anticlimax? By the sounds of that Bigred just reported it will actually be an evolution of the game as opposed to a direct copy of the old game. I mean that it actually has a new story and stuff, might mean updated rules and stuff.

I still don't care but that's better than I thought it was going to be.

Says who??????????? No information has been released! None, nothing, nadda. Other then the T-shirts staff were wearing nowt was said and those T-shirts could be a red hearing for all anyone knows.

You have no information whatsoever to base any assumptions on, and right now everybody thought we would be in full possession of the facts, so yes ANTICLIMAX.:rolleyes:

Mustakrakish
08-16-2009, 12:34 PM
hi,

just returned from GD Germans and we...
there was really nothing new.

Just the chaos reaper titan complete and anpainted (I don't have the cam with the pics :( ).
and abaout 5 seconds of what I think was a Space Hulk video introduction.

It was reather disappointing......

Bigred
08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
And pictures... (courtesy of www.brueckenkopf-online.com)

Bigred
08-16-2009, 12:44 PM
2 more of Reavers...

Aldramelech
08-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Those Orc vehicles almost want me to go over to the Green Side!

Dread to think how much they are though.

Brezel
08-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Ave

Had a talk with a buddy of mine who went to GD and he seemed to be somewhat disappointed about the "news". Could'nt grab any, or so he said.
Not to mention something about the Mistery-Box. Anyway, we will be wiser tomorrow... hopefully!

*lol* as he was so disappointed about the GD and news-politics, he spent several hundred euros on forgeworld models. Either he was 'really' disappointed or just a bit of exagerating the whole event. :p ;)

HappyHaunt
08-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I hope with Space Hulk that over time they develop it, if they havent already put this in already, for things like Deathwatch missions- loved the story in Heroes Of Space Marines about the kill team infiltrating the ork hulk.

Ejacobs
08-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Any news on "official" channels yet? <chomp chomp chomp> goes the bit.

E

Aldramelech
08-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Its 21.40 on a Sunday night here in the UK, I doubt anything will appear until tommorow.

Lord Inquisitor
08-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I feel that it is laughable to give orks anti-air. Guess what? You get to hit on 5s instead of 6s now! It should be twin-linked though so that will make it actually somewhat accurate.

Xas
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
I feel that it is laughable to give orks anti-air. Guess what? You get to hit on 5s instead of 6s now! It should be twin-linked though so that will make it actually somewhat accurate.

or grot operated... they shoot as well as guards!

emperorsaxe
08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Space Hulk, Smash Bulk. Was hoping for a few picces of the new SW's mini's, now that would have been good. :) :)
Respects, Emperorsaxe

darth_papi76
08-16-2009, 07:41 PM
I just hope that SH isn't super limited. It would be nice to get one.

lauran
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
I want to see more of the space wolves.
there are rumours of the space wolf sprue containing 33 heads.
They get their new release in october and the only thing we have seen are two models:(

ChrisSpaceWolves
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
The Heart of Rage Audio book kinda foreshadowed the Mystery box.

Rahveel
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
so, was anything said about the new DP?

Mustakrakish
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
There was nothing to see or hear about a new DP... :(