PDA

View Full Version : Bombard Question

Cherub
08-13-2010, 09:48 PM
As im planning on taking a squadron of 3 bombards to a tourny I wanted to make sure I was using them right. As they are barrage I place the first template down then roll for scatter around it for the other 2. If I fire it directly it counts as multiple blast.

Am I correct for doing it this way or am I supose to be doing something else:confused:

thanks

Nungunz
08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
First I'd check to make sure it's even legal to bring bombards. Most tournaments do not allow Forgeworld models and rules.

Javin
08-13-2010, 10:44 PM
The bombard model is actually the Colossus, which is legal and in the IG Codex.

The Colossus is not a direct fire weapon. If used as a battery it follows the barrage rules.

Cherub
08-13-2010, 11:16 PM
This tourny is IA rules, no super heavies no flyers and I normally use them as the Colouss but for this tourny I am thinking about taking them as bombards.

Nabterayl
08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes, you've got it right. A battery of Bombards fires using the multiple barrage rules if fired indirectly (three templates, all of which will end up touching each other), and the multiple blast rules if fired directly (three templates, each fired individually and independently).

Cherub
08-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you for your help guys :D The massive amount of firepower Im going to be putting down thanks you greatly

Limey El'Jonson
08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, you've got it right. A battery of Bombards fires using the multiple barrage rules if fired indirectly (three templates, all of which will end up touching each other), and the multiple blast rules if fired directly (three templates, each fired individually and independently).

I was trying to help Cherub with that last night over MSN. I was reasonably sure that's what it was but I couldn't find it to get it straight in black n white. There you go, page 32 of the rulebook :)

Cherub
08-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I was trying to help Cherub with that last night over MSN. I was reasonably sure that's what it was but I couldn't find it to get it straight in black n white. There you go, page 32 of the rulebook :)

I didnt know you owned a rule book :p