PDA

View Full Version : My Vet guard

acuk
08-13-2010, 07:24 AM
This is the first of my coverted guard to be used as veterans, i have him painted as a tester and am happy with how he looks. i have gone for green to fit in with my tanks and the more traditional army look.-

This is my first time posting photos, a few bits that dont show up are the camo pattern on the fabric areas, they are muted anyway but dont seem to show up at all, and the mud on the boots dosnt show as well as it does to the eye. Also looking at the photos as i do this the gloves just dont look right, so i think i will change them to black to break up the green some more.
Any comments welcome!

Porty1119
08-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Maybe spray the models with a matte varnish to kill the shine? It may be the look you're going for, I just prefer a more subdued appearance.

acuk
08-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I way thinking the same thing and have ordered some matt varnish to try, i have a 10 man squad built and will post more pics as i go.

Lindargo
08-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Really nice looking mini there, although as above the shine is a bit too much (it draws away from the realism).
Otherwise, really nice!

-Lindargo

LadasN
08-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I like the gun, where'd you get that? Nice model though I agree you should change to black gloves, maybe bring out the camo more but thats jsut opinion (and not at all an expert one at that)

acuk
08-14-2010, 05:47 AM
The gun is from pig iron, as are the heads and packs, the toros and arms are cadian with catchan legs.
The more i look at the pictures the more they look like theve just been dipped in paint, hopefully when the matt varnish turns up it will result in better photos, as i spent some time picking out details honnest!
I have a 10 man squad in the process of being painted, but i am holding off photos untill i try a different varnish, the gloves are now black and the base has been changed to mud with a few clumps of static grass.

LadasN
08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Awesome, sounds like they are coming along great! Post some more pics when they're done!

acuk
08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Ok i have changed a few bits and added a layer of matt varnish, im still experimenting with the bases, again the photos dont show the churned mud too well but i think its a step in the right direction as opposed to the flock. the only problem i have now is the camo i am doing on the chimera uses green/sand and im not sure how that will look with the vets, will have to see after ive weathered it fully.

Hairy Piggy
08-17-2010, 10:31 AM
I think that they're much better now with the shine taken off, and you've done a nice job on the bases as well.

Aldramelech
08-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Look good to me.

morninson
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
godamnit, I thought I was being all clever and original by picking up those heads and backpacks from Pig Iron and chopping and changing with a Cadian squad - and someone else has already done it. Yours do look good though, why did you decide to use Catachan trousers?.

I want to try to upload mine but I can't figure out how. My guys are being painted to look like Helghans out of Killzone.

acuk
08-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Thanks, i went with the catchan legs because i liked the position of them more, and wanted to make them stand out from normal guardsmen.
I started this army in 4th and they have spent most that just undercoated, then i found the pig iron parts and that got me moving on them again.