PDA

View Full Version : Relictors

Kolkis
08-15-2009, 06:57 AM
I was planning on starting a space marine army and I decided on the Relictors chapter but i was curious as to how you would best represent them with the latest codex?

GrandmasterRay
08-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Anything from the codex -heroes. Your nice daemon weapons options are gone with the old C:CSM.

Lord Anubis
08-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Kolkis, I've got a fairly sizeable Relictors force myself. Fell in love with the idea of them when I read the original White Dwarf article and started an army that week. Most of the things I've done still hold, even under the new codex.

Their "unique" rules are gone, but there's still lots to do with them. What I've done is use relic weapons. After all, nowhere in the codex does it say where their relics came from... I'm currently working on a custom Arkturus Bardane with demon flail and his Honor Guard, the Conclave, with demon/ relic weapons of their own. Most of the baroque artificer armor is actually Chaos Marine "demon" armor that's been painted to match the army's color scheme.

I also tend to sprinkle regular Chaos weapons amidst my veterans, so there are a few spiky power-axes and questionable bolters here and there.

Oh, and one other thing. There's not a single bare head any where in the army. Every single Relictor is wearing a helmet... like they're hiding something. ;)

exoduster18
08-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I thought that the Relictors were a "rebel/rogue" chapter.....would you not be able to use them as a C:SM force? Or are they strictly a C:CSM force?

Inquisitor Lord Haestus
08-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I thought that the Relictors were a "rebel/rogue" chapter.....would you not be able to use them as a C:SM force? Or are they strictly a C:CSM force?

Rebel/rogue doesn't necessarily mean C:CSM. After all, all the chapters that went rogue with the Astral Claws were just rebel, they didn't go Chaos. They are doing penitent duty for 100 years to get back in good graces with the powers that be... Only the Astral Claws/Red corsairs went Chaos. As far as I am aware, however.

Lord Anubis
08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, there were rumors they'd been declared traitors (again) by an Inquisitor, yet I can't help but notice GW included them in the new loyalist Space Marine codex.

Heck, how many times did Eisenhorn get labeled as a traitor? At least once or twice per book... :D

exoduster18
08-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Lord Anubis - Them being mentioned in the new codex was the exact reason I asked. That and there is a blog that someone has out here on the interwebs that is all about the Relictors and he has them as a C:SM force.......Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the answers.

And I take it that the Inqusition loves nothing more than to bring down the Adeptus Astartes? LOL.

Kolkis
08-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the answers, I have a few boxes of CSM bits that might come in useful come to think of it, i think i ll try to get as many relic blades in there as i can and see how that works

Da Blak Gobbo
08-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Especially with the mixing of chaos and marine ses you could make some nice models. That has the right mix of archaic and new while still following fluffy-ness. The new book still has plenty of options for them though, including the honor guard who could have some nice 'old' weapons to use.

Straha
08-16-2009, 08:17 PM
You can pretty much represent them anyway you want. There is a lot of fluff, but the 5th Edition stuff says they are suspected ----- so go crazy.

For my models I have some Chaos weapons mixed in with my regular marine stuff, but not too much. I've also put purity seals on what Chaos icons I use (the whole purification for the Emperor line). It looks nice, and tells a story.

My big move is modeling some 1000 Sons Chaos Marines for use as Sternguard. They'll look cook and have a nice contrast against what is essentially a grey & black army. Also, I believe they tell a nice story (Relictors anda Radical Inquisitor teamed up with repentant "Fallen" to locate some terrible deamon weapon).