PDA

View Full Version : Orcs & Goblins Rumors

Bigred
08-09-2010, 05:15 PM
So the latest from all over the place online over the last week says:

Orcs & Goblins roughly Q1 2011 (the 3 contenders for next WFB releases are Ogres, O&G, Tomb Kings)

Jeremy Vetock as author.

Will be accompanied by several new plastic kits some of which are referenced in the 8th edition rulebook.

Sources say to look for a "Stegadon sized" kit of a massive forest spider - the "Arachnarok". This is hinted to have some type of topside fighting platform like the Steg and have tons of little spiders crawling all over. Multiple platform mounting options are mentioned, also analogous to the Steg.

New Savage Orcs are also mentioned.

Necron_Lord
08-10-2010, 04:11 PM
So, are you saying that O & G are going to be the next WFB army with a new Warhammer Armies book? I bet TK, OK and even Brettonia players won't be too happy.

Chuck777
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
A massive Spidersaurus, sounds too good to be true. :D

Strivos
08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Stuff along these lines in the 8th ed BRB.
"...multi-decked contraptions that bear a ridiculous amount of Goblin Archers..."
"Even larger arachnid terrors, some the size of Empire Townhouses..."
"...mammoth cavebeasts, big enough to shallow a bull whole, and wooden effigies of the Ork Gods..." Must have forgoten they aren't in 40k :p

Speculate away if you will.

My 2 cents is that O&G are a kind of a base line for new editions. I would not be surprised if they are placed at the top of the list for next Army Book. I think the fact that Ogres and Tomb Kings being the more limited armies that they are will be pushed back a little before their well deserved new books.

RebelGrot
08-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Agree the O&G are a likely solid option to be an Army Book release very early, if not first for this new edition.

As for the giant spider there's a pic of it in the O&G army shot on page xiii of the new WFB rule book. Also, in the back right corner of the same army shot there's some kind of chariot-type warmachine seemingly pulled by squigs?!

I want these...NOW! :)

Scryer in the Darkness
08-19-2010, 08:42 AM
As for the giant spider there's a pic of it in the O&G army shot on page xiii of the new WFB rule book.
No, that's a conversion of a Forest Goblin Spider 3-up, it's not the Arachnarok Spider.

RebelGrot
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Bah, really? Why would they do that to me?

I heard rumors of giant spider, saw a giant spider in something official...damn GW toying with my logic!

Do you know what the squig pulled thing behind it is Mr Scryer? (another studio conversion?)

asmodai650
08-25-2010, 06:38 AM
I am willing to bet that we will see a Idol of Mork terrain piece, as well as new emphasis on forest goblins.

eldargal
10-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Sounds good for gorcs an oblins.

As per request a Mark II thread with rumour roundup! I will try to expand and keep the rumours up to date as they arrive.

Book seems slated for a Feb/March release, written by Jeremy Vetock and apparently already done! (strongly hinted at by hastings and harry, and also seems in line with the known release schedule)

We keep all current SC(that includes Grom in his chariot!) and get Wurzzag and two goblin characters both heroes one of which is a forrest gobling for a totalt of 15 lord choices and 11 hero choices!

We get a new model, the Arachnarok spider. It can be takes as a mount for a common gobling great shaman, or it can be a rare choice. As a rare choice it will have options for some warmachine thingie or other special rule in that regard.

Common goblins will get some sort of a unit upgrade. hastings hinted at something that has two handweapons but is not an assasin. (I am still a bit unclear whether the upgrade is the new Special Char or a seperate upgrade like the DE assasin)

(Common) Goblin characters will be able to ride Giant and Gigantic spiders, so an all spider army should be viable (hastings).

Also we are getting another new unit besides the Arachnarok, though it is unclear what it is at the moment.

We get some new plastics, so far people agree on we get 5 sets:
Besides the spider, the best bets so far are Savage Orcs incl boars, with the remaining two to be named. One which could be the new as of yet missing unit.

Things we do not get:
Orcs do NOT get devestating charge (hastings).
Hobgoblins.
Common forrest goblins (on foot).
Orc Idols and some huge cave beast (though we might hope Warhammer Forge may come up with something nice, eh? But nothing is in the pipelines just yet according to people that talked to them at Games Day UK).
Plastic Sguigs.
Black Orc Boar Boys
Skirmishing giant spider riders

eldargal
12-04-2010, 08:55 AM
The latest from Frgt/10:

what and miss out on all this? ;)

-O&Gs are 100% coming in march
-the night gobbo sneaky unit are attachments to regular NG units like fanatics. similar to assassins but more like 'hangers-on' than 'professional killers' :D (note that this conflicts with Harrys report that it was a common gobbo addition, but i was told NG *shrugs*)
-plastic savage orcs
-new wurrzagg model from what ive heard (might be wrong on this one though)
- the new book is to old army books in a way that the 8th edition RB is to older edition RBs

everyone happy? good :p
discuss, argue, whathaveyou...

Sounds quite nifty, if the new 8th ed army books are all along the lines of the RB with loads of pictures and fluff I might end up getting all of them.:rolleyes:

novatomato
12-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Coming out in March eh? Well I suppose that is acceptable, even though there are armies that need it more it is a more . . . universal style of army and makes sense that they would be released first.
As for the new units; I would prefer the 'hanger's on' type unit upgrade to be for the regular goblins as night goblins already have a neat little unit upgrade (by which I am alluding to the amusing antics of the fanatics), but I have no say in the development whatsoever so that is just wishing and a small amount of speculation.
Gargantuan spiders sound like a fun Gobliny type of unit.
I do hope the Army books follow in the footsteps of the Rule book in terms of fluff and pictures. I will be interested to see if the common magic items will be reprinted in the army book and if so will any of those items have different point costs to those in the rule book.

cerebros
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I do hope the Army books follow in the footsteps of the Rule book in terms of fluff and pictures. I will be interested to see if the common magic items will be reprinted in the army book and if so will any of those items have different point costs to those in the rule book.

I sincerely don't hope the army books don't become bloated unwiedly monstrosities like the BRB has become.

It was brought home to me again today how stupid the army books are that all the details for a unit aren't in one place. i.e. Basic equipment and options is at the back of the book but all the special rules and details of how any special items work is earlier in the unit fluff.

Personally I think they need a lot of streamlining.

eldargal
12-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Gorcs and Oblins confirmed for March:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=14300090a

novatomato
12-06-2010, 09:41 AM
quoting from the link Eldargal posted

To support this exciting release, we will also be unveiling a genuine feast of new miniatures that would sate even the most ravenous Troll.

Either GW is going into the culinary field of business or they mean they've got a lot of models to release. A summary of what these models have been rumored to be:
Aracknarok thingy; a giant spider with a platform on top for goblins (like an O&G Stegadon)
Plastic Savage Orcs, both on foot and on Boars
Another new unit as of yet unknown
Wurrzzag, a special character Orc Shaman

and thats it from the rumors I have heard. Doesn't seem like a 'genuine feast' to me so I suspect they will be edible.

Brass Scorpion
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Aracknarok thingy; a giant spider with a platform on top for goblins (like an O&G Stegadon)I've heard the base for the Giant Spider model is about the size of an uncut GW modular movement tray. It's supposedly one of the largest models they've made yet and it will have the largest base they've ever made for a standard production model.

I don't see that link Eldargal posted on the home page of the GW site even when I sign in on my account. Did they email that link around and I just haven't received it yet? That happens a lot, my email from GW often gets delayed in the Warp like my White Dwarf magazine delivery.

If Skaven are January and Orcs are March, and they've said something about Blood Angels for February, what's the rest of the year look like?

novatomato
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I got an email with the same link so you should be able to access it through the Astrononicom on GW's website.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/astronomican.jsp

Sounds interesting is this a sign of things to come? Larger and larger monsters for each successive army? I hope so, that means that it is possible for my Lizziies to get a Thunder Lizard as a unit. :D

Bigred
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
That would put the early year looking like this:

Jan - Skaven
Feb - Blood Angels (some kits can used with Grey Knights)
Mar - Orcs&Goblins
Apr - Grey Knights
May+ ???

Brass Scorpion
12-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Hopefully new, huge models for WFB = Chaos Warmammoth or something similar at some point.

Emperorsmercy
12-16-2010, 04:03 AM
I'm just happy it's written by Jeremy Vetock. I play skaven and I thought his army book captured them perfectly, and with Orcs and Goblins being a similair kind of crazed army I think it will be a great if unreliable book.

Talking Skulls
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
i have seen the models base as there is one person in all of Australia that has this model and he was former manger of GW bankstown (before it was shutdown this week ) and is now moving back to the battle bunker in the CBD . this model is Huge as its base IS larger that a screaming Bell and the bases size is about 75mm x 250mm ( 3 cal bases wide and 5 deep ) but the model is self was taken home as soon as it came in the black box last week

Duke Rich
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
The other day when I was talking to my local store manager he was telling me about GW's new style of Army Book (I don't know if this will be for Fantasy and 40k or just Fantasy).

They're going to be hardback and fully colour printed. I don't know how/if this will change the cost but, still, sounds like they'll be really good.

He was also saying about how stunned he was at the detail and how well the new models looked, although annoyingly without giving any details to what there actually is. Something was said about a very nice brand new model which hasn't been in any of the O+G books before (along similar lines to the Skaven getting the Hell Pit Abomination).

Mellowshade
02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Had a peek in the book today.

Mangler squigs are two great cave squigs that are chained together, move 3d6 and cause 2d6 str6 armour piercing hits.

Snotling pump wagon can have upgrades like extra spikey (adds strength bonus I think), a sail to add increase speed from 2d6 to 3d6 (4d6 if pumping faster) and flappy wings so dangerous terrain tests are only taken if you end move in dangerous terrain.

Only 8 magic items in the book and 3 of these are banners.

Spells are beefed up though didn't memorise any details. Foot of Gork has a foot template again and if boosted stomps all over the place.

Nasty Skulkers not only have always strike first and armour piercing, they also have killing blow! WS2 though :(

All I can remember.

darkninja962
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey Mellowshade, any word on if Goblin Fanatics were changed at all? I just started a heavy fanatic army and don't want them to go to waste.

Watching Paint Dry
02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Mellowshade, any word on if Goblin Fanatics were changed at all? I just started a heavy fanatic army and don't want them to go to waste.

no big changes to fanatics. Work basically the same as in the recent FAQ

Russ
02-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Anyone know how the new animosity works?

Albavar
02-28-2011, 07:16 AM
It has gone back to the old style. Except for the Get 'Im result.

6 is still "Ere We Go with a free move
2-5 is internal squabble and unit cannot move
1 has the unit fight the nearest other unit. the difference is that they don't charge each other. Just 2D6 S3 attacks go each way and done.

Morgan Darkstar
02-28-2011, 08:12 AM
It has gone back to the old style. Except for the Get 'Im result.

6 is still "Ere We Go with a free move
2-5 is internal squabble and unit cannot move
1 has the unit fight the nearest other unit. the difference is that they don't charge each other. Just 2D6 S3 attacks go each way and done.

Forgive me as i have not had much experience with O&G but this would seem to suggest that 5 times out of 6
none of your units will be able to move/charge:( .

That can't be right am i missing something?

Albavar
02-28-2011, 11:07 AM
You only get onto that table if you roll a 1 while checking for animosity and there are several conditions that make a unit exempt:
Units in combat do not have to test
Fleeing units do not have to test
Units of less than 5 models do not have to test
Black Orcs do not have to test
Units led by black orc characters can be brought in line at the cost of casualties

Otherwise every unit of orcs or goblins must roll a D6 at the start of every turn.

Morgan Darkstar
02-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks that clears things up:)

Brass Scorpion
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
The basic Orc Warrior box has quietly been repackaged at $29 for 10 models, replacing the 19 models for $35 set. This kind of thing happens all the time, even when the sprue is not recut or revised in any way. Remember Imperial Guardsmen? They were 20 models for $35 till the IG got their new Codex, then it was 10 models for $22, after last June it went to $24.75. Snap up the remaining $35 boxes of 19 Orc models while you can!