PDA

View Full Version : New Daemon Prince Review

house_cawdor
08-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I recieved my Daemon Prince model Thursday night, which I was very excited about. When I pulled the Sprues out, I was once again excited by how cool the components looked. However, my excitement sort of stopped there. The Daemon Prince box contains no components to customize to look as though it is worshipping a particular god. That was dissapointing. Also, the article GW recently posted on their website made it seem like the Daemon Prince had a billion option to make it look different. Well, there are a few but not as many options that come with a lot of the newer kits (like the Space Wolves Packs). However, in the end, I am still happy with the way the model is designed, and with a small amount of work it can be customized how one wants it. I'd say it beats having to work with pewter for sure.

Main components:

-3 heads
-2 Torsos
-1 Leg set
-3 Options for both left and right arms

isotope99
08-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Plus the wings, very important if horribly overcosted for Daemons.

I agree the lack of specific extra bits is a step backwards and shows how long this kit has been kicking around waiting for release.

Some conversion ideas off the top of my head:

There are spare bloodcrusher heads in the new kit for a Khorne DP (expect to see these on bits sites/ebay when released). I'm modelling all my bloodcrushers standing up using the daemon prince arms.
Spare fantasy Minotaur weapons would make some good khorne axes
GW now sell metal icon packs Which can be carefully bent to fit to the armour
There are a couple of good heads in the spawn kit (e.g. the bird for a tzeentch DP) plus extra tentacles, claws, eyes etc.
The apocalypse command frame comes with a good mechanical head that should work for Iron Warriors, as would some spare arms from the new ork deff dread and those defiler masks

house_cawdor
08-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh yes, the wings, guess I forgot them since they suck up so many points for Daemon players!