PDA

View Full Version : MK IV are up on forgeworld.

energongoodie
08-06-2010, 04:41 AM
MK IV MAXIMUS pattern armour is up on forgeworld along with some new bolters.

They are releasing so much great stuff I don't know what to do. Buy it all I guess.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MK-IV-MAXIMUS-ARMOUR.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SPACE-MARINE-BOLTER---UMBRA-FERROX-X10.html

BlackKnight15624
08-06-2010, 05:20 AM
I'm honestly not that impressed with the MkIV stuff... They released the red scorpions veterans years ago and the extras that are included in this release were easy enough to convert previously (shoulder pads, knee guards, etc). Not to mention you could convert 10 marines for GBP16, rather than GBP20 for 5 marines here... It just seems that the red scorpions pack was (is) a better deal.

Those bolters are nice though. And I may or may not buy a pack (or 10) of them and the MkV stuff when it gets released.

Lerra
08-06-2010, 09:06 AM
It's actually not that bad of a deal.

In US dollars, it's $25 for the Red Scorpion conversion pack for 10 marines, plus $35 for a box of 10 marines, or $60 total.

For the new MkIV stuff, it's $64 for 10 marines, only $4 more, and you don't have to file off the RS emblems. Of course, with the GW plastic SM kit you are getting some more bits, too.

BlackKnight15624
08-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Lerra, I hadn't thought it like that before. All my Ultramarines use the MkIV red scorpions kit, but I bought all the tactical bits on extreme discount on ebay, so it never even factored into my calculations... I suppose these marines are a decent price, all things considered.

energongoodie
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I think they are pretty good. I'm gonna wait for the other variations to come out and then buy a set of each, if i can afford it. But I do not know what to do with them army wise? Maybe I'll do a gun line Marine army with lots of tactical marines and razorbacks?

cheesyfluff
08-07-2010, 02:31 AM
I am using them as Sternguard. Hell they even work out the same price as sternguard. £20 for 5.

Duke
08-07-2010, 06:52 AM
I gotta say, wish they had done this when I decided to do my pre-heresy Luna Wolves.

Duke

cheesyfluff
08-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I gotta say, wish they had done this when I decided to do my pre-heresy Luna Wolves.

Duke

I think alot of people will have the same sentiments mate!

Lockark
08-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I realy want to get some of these to mix with current Chaos kits for my Emperor's Children War band.

O.O