PDA

View Full Version : 8th WoC Nurgle-fluff 2250

Civic_Necromancer
08-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Greetings everyone :)

I just wanted to post this here, and see what people thought. I'm not great at army building - I tend to pay far more attention to fluff and fun than I do to tournament-style number-crunching - but I figured I'd run my 8th Edition up the flagpole and see if anyone saluted.

This is an all-Nurgle fluff army. Any suggestions for marking anything OTHER than Nurgle will not be entertained. Odd bits of magic items are fine though (Axe of khorn, Rapturous Standard, etc)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Chaos Lord
- Mark of Nurgle
- Palanquin of Nurgle
- Enchanted Shield
- Filth Mace
- Word of Agony

Festus the Leech Lord

CORE:
Chaos Warriors x26
(Chaos Lord on Palanquin goes here, effectively making this a 5x6)
- Mark of Nurgle
- Shields
- Music / Standard

Chaos Marauders x24
(Festus goes here, completing the 5x5, and lending poison / regen)
- Mark of Nurgle
- Shields
- Light Armor
- Great Weapons
- Music / Standard

Marauder Horsemen x5
- Mark of Nurgle
- Light Armor
- Flails
- Throwing Axes
- Musician

Warhounds x5

Warhounds x5

SPECIAL:
Chaos Ogres x6
- Mark of Nurgle
- Chaos Armor
- Great Weapons
- Music / Standard

RARE:
Hellcannon

Chaos Spawn x 2

Chaos Warshrine
- Mark of Nurgle

Jwolf
08-04-2010, 08:09 AM
The Armour of Damnation is really fun on a Nurgle Lord. And you really do want a ward save of some type.

Warhounds don't seem to add to your theme, and redirect units aren't very useful in 8th.

Civic_Necromancer
08-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, the warhounds are my "rabid dogs" and "plaguehounds" respectively. Animals are often the harbingers of disease, and a bite from one can spell fever and death very quickly. I suppose if you could see the paint job I did on them, you'd agree they fit just fine.

That said, I find they were useful in the few games I've run with this list to tie up the enemy's flankers, such as their warhounds or light cavalry. I would consider getting rid of them, though, and leaving my flank / rear guard to Hrothgar Pox-spreader and Æric Blood-boiler, my two spawn. With the right placement and some lucky movement rolls, they could be just as sharp a thorn in my enemy's side as a pack of hounds.

I've been looking for a way to fit a BSB into this list, and sticking him in with my Marauders (Thereby freeing Festus from having to challenge, allowing the BSB access to Festus' regen and poison, and bolstering my weakest unit of infantry) I just simply haven't found a good lump of points to shave off for him...