PDA

View Full Version : Swooping hawks

Cyberscape7
08-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Just a clarification really. In the hawk section The skyleap rule states that you can return to reserve in the movement phase. Does this mean that you can deploy your hawks in a safe location, drop the grenade pack and then immediatley return to reserve b4 your opponent has a chance to curse the models that just killed half his grots?

DrLove42
08-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Yes. I think its in the FAQ...but ive definently seen it somewhere that says yes they can. It does come with a warning that you might not get much use out of the squad if you do this

Commissar Lewis
08-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Funny story about that. My friend does that often, and in one of my group's apoc games he forgot to jump back up with them and they got assaulted by my one friend's Dark Angel vet squad.

Like 4 PF's and 4 TH's hit that squad, utterly obliterating them. The friend who killed them (it was his house and his table) painted a red paint splat on the spot the Hawks died on the terrain.

Laughing God
08-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Yes, you may use the ability and leave play the same turn you deep strike.

There is a chance you wont get much out of the figures, as the FAQ says, due to the fact you can always fail MULTIPLE reserve rolls.

Cyberscape7
08-03-2010, 09:32 AM
thnx for the reply. This will greatly aggrivate opponents in KP games :D

Laughing God
08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Hawks, combined with an Autarch (Master Strategist), make for alot of pie plates.

Add 1 to your reserve rolls. Hard for an army with Hawks to pass this guy up.

jmboland
08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
commissar lewis,

someone was using the DA codex? i'm impressed!