PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Packmasters, unit location?

Dooley
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I was skimming through the FAQ ERATTA and noticed that it stated that Master molders are unit champions and must be placed in the front rank?!

Im confused? Does that meant the a Unit of rat ogres/Giant rats will have the Master molder/Pack master/Squweel in front of the Rat Ogres or Giant rats? That doesnt make sense?....or does it and we have been doing it wrong all these years?

^000^???? Or ^0*0^ * Pack Master/Master Molder/Squweel
* 0 0 Rat Ogre
^ Direction of Travel
^+++^ or ^+*+^ +Giant Rat
+++ +++
+++ +++
* +

Beta_Ray_Bill
08-02-2010, 03:19 AM
I was skimming through the FAQ ERATTA and noticed that it stated that Master molders are unit champions and must be placed in the front rank?!

Im confused? Does that meant the a Unit of rat ogres/Giant rats will have the Master molder/Pack master/Squweel in front of the Rat Ogres or Giant rats? That doesnt make sense?....or does it and we have been doing it wrong all these years?

I think you're over complicating things. "In the front rank" means IN the front rank, not in front of everyone. They stand shoulder to shoulder with GR's/ROgres. This however is only master moulders and skweel, not regular packmasters, as they are not Champions.

Skweel and moulders start in the front. They CAN how ever be verminous valor'd into the back if that helps.
On the plus side, I believe you can take slightly more packmasters, but don't quote me on that.

RogueGeneralHunter
09-02-2010, 05:52 AM
This is correct.

The Master Molder and skweel need to be in the front. In the case of Ratogres they are placed at the side since they do not have the same base size. with Giant Rats they go in the front.

Rat Ogres must have at least one Pack master to avoid stupidity and can have 1 per 2 rat ogres in the unit.
Giant Rats can have one PM for ever 5 or 6 (I think)

Pack Masters go behind Ratogres and giant rats. although if you want to get technical about it the entry is not specific. which leads to the thought that you could put them anywhere in the unit.

I have been running a horde of 53 with 7 pack masters that has been fun if not perfect. I like to put the pack masters in the 4th rank so their whips can attack. it also protects the PMs from rear and Flank charges.

RGH

MaxKool
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Yah unfortunatly u need to put them in the front rank.

Wich IMO is a total screw up by the faq council in that whats the point of skweels whip...

BRB states Champions go in front rank, Codex could have easily overridden this and kept with fluff and flavor. Its not like u gain killing power... In close combat they wouldnt be able to do anything...

stupid stupid faq ruling....